Were you shying away from all those yummy, lip-smacking desserts just because you are overweight? If yes, then it’s time to shed away all the apprehensions. C’mon, even people who are on the heavier side are eligible to gorge upon some scrumptious desserts, to satiate their taste buds, without bothering about weight issues or carbohydrate excess. These days, there are a number of dessert options that are low in carbohydrates, thereby being a lot healthier than their counterparts. So, all you people who were resisting those delectable delightful desserts, it is time to think differently. Check out some easy to make low carb desserts recipes mentioned below.
Low Carb Dessert Recipes
Cranberry Walnut Cookies
- 1½ cups Almond Meal
- 1 cup Whey Protein Powder
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 1½ cups Sugar Substitute
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2/3 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup Whole Cranberries
- The first step would be to preheat the oven at about 375o F.
- In a bowl, mix butter and cream cheese together, until it turns fluffy. Now, add sweetener, cinnamon and salt. Beat the mixture.
- Add eggs to the cheese-butter mixture and beat until it is well combined.
- Once properly mixed, add almond meal, protein powder and baking soda to the mixture and combine well.
- Now, add cranberries and walnuts.
- Once this is done, drop spoonfuls of this mixture on an un-greased cookie sheet.
- Set it to bake for about 7 to 9 minutes, until the top layer is browning.
- Allow to cool before you gorge these yummy cranberry walnut cookies.
Chocolate Mousse Recipe
- 12 ounces Soft Tofu
- 1 small Sugar-free Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder, heaping
- 8 ounces Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- The first step would be to mix tofu and pudding, to make a fine mixture. Now, add cocoa to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix whipping cream, until its gets stiff. Add vanilla to it.
- Now, mix the ingredients of both the bowls into a mixer jar and set it to blend. It is advised not to whip, else you would have chocolate butter
- Scoop out the dish in individual serving dishes and serve.
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- The first step would be to preheat the oven at about 300 degrees F.
- In the meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they become stiff.
- Gradually, add sugar, until a little of the mixture between your thumb and forefinger feels smooth.
- Now, stir vanilla into the mixture.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixed portion into the baking tray and bake 35 minutes.
- Thereafter, turn off the oven and leave the meringues to cool inside.
- The delightful mini meringues are ready to be savored upon.
Apple Cider Sundaes
- 1½ cups Apple Cider
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1-1/2 cups Peeled Tart Apples, finely chopped
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- In a saucepan, mix apple cider, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and lemon juice. Stir the mixture until it turns smooth.
- Now, add apples to the mixture and allow it to boil.
- Stir the mixture further for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled, pour the apple cider over the vanilla ice cream and serve.