‘When love is not madness, it is not love’ wrote Pedro Calderon. Yes, love is an emotion, which stands at the edges of insanity. It is called as the most subtle and beautiful feeling of human beings but it represents both integration and ultimate destruction at times as Nietzsche described his God. People celebrate the day of love as ‘Valentine’s Day’ all over the world on February 14th. Most of the art works in the world were written with an urge to interpret the beautiful feeling of love with more intensity. Read on the article to get more quotes and sayings on ‘love’, which can melt your heart.
Quotes And Sayings On Love
Quotes On Love
- Never pretend to a love which you do not actually feel, for love is not ours to command - Alan Watts
- Perhaps the feelings that we experience when we are in love represent a normal state. Being in love shows a person who he should be - Anton Chekhov
- The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed - Carl Jung
- To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides - David Viscott
- There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness - Friedrich Nietzsche
- When you have seen as much of life as I have, you will not underestimate the power of obsessive love- J. K. Rowling,
- Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile- Franklin P. Jones
- At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet -Plato
- True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked -Erich Segal
- They do not love that do not show their love. The course of true love never did run smooth. Love is a familiar. Love is a devil. There is no evil angel but Love - William Shakespeare
- Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving - Khalil Gibran
Sayings On Love
- Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man.
- Don't find love, let love find you. That's why it's called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall.
- It breaks your heart to see the one you love is happy with someone else, but it's more painful to know that the one you love is unhappy with you.
- It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, and an day to love someone...but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
- If love is the answer, can you please repeat the question?
- Faith makes all things possible. Love makes them easy.
- Do you love me because I am beautiful or am I beautiful because I am loved?
- I believe that to truly Love, is the ultimate expression of the will to live. A heart that truly loves is forever young.
- Love makes life so confusing, but without love would you really want to live?
- Who do you turn to when the only person in the world that can stop you from crying, is exactly the one making you cry?
- Love me now, love me never but if you love me, love me forever.
- To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.
- He taught me how to love, but not how to stop.
- Love is like heaven, but it can hurt like hell.