Delicious and luscious lemon pound cakes are very easy to prepare and can be consumed anytime, particularly as tea-time snacks. Children just love to consume them and they are quite popular among the adults too. Many times, these cakes are also used as desserts after a meal. Even for parties and festivals, people like to prepare different types of lemon pound cakes. in the following lines, we bring you some simple recipes for lemon pound cake, which you can make with easily-available ingredients. And the best part is that you get to taste them in no time at all!
How To Make Lemon Pound Cake
Basic Lemon Pound Cake
- 6 large Eggs
- 3¼ cups Powdered Sugar
- 1½ cup Softened Butter
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 3¼ cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Extract
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup Powdered Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 tsp Lemon Rind, grated
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, using an electric hand-held mixer at medium speed. Continue the beating until you get a smooth and uniform blend.
- Add oil to the blended butter and gradually add sugar to the mixture. Once the sugar gets blended properly, add in the egg yolks, one after another.
- After constant and regular beating, you will get a smooth creamy blend, to which you can add the flour gradually. You can add the flour alternately with milk, starting and ending with flour.
- Keep blending until you get a paste of desired consistency and texture. To this, add the lemon extract and pour the batter in a pan greased with some butter and flour.
- Place this pan inside the oven for around one and half hours or until a wooden pick inserted in the very center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the pan from the oven and place it over a cooling rack for a few minutes.
- For the glaze, stir all the ingredients continuously, until you get a smooth and even paste. You can use this paste to give an even coating over the cake.
Sour Cream Lemon Pound Cake
- 5 large Eggs
- 2½ cups Sugar
- 2½ cups Cake Flour
- 3 cups Cake flour
- ¾ cup Sour Cream
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 sticks of Unsalted Butter (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
- 1 tsp grated Lemon Peel
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, sieve together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, using a mixer, until you get a soft, fluffy paste.
- To the butter, slowly add the sugar and continue beating for five more minutes.
- Gradually add in the egg yolks, one at a time, beating constantly until you get a good mixture.
- It is always better if you use a rubber spatula for the purpose of blending the ingredients.
- Transfer the sour cream into the mixture and keep blending for a few more minutes.
- Pour the entire mixture into a well greased pan.
- Preheat the oven to around 325 F, place the pan inside it and bake for around one and half hours. Once done, take out the pan and allow it to cool for some time.