Whether you realize it or not, your legs are one of the most important parts of your body. They are important because your legs carry you places, they lift all the weight of your body and help you to get around. It is of vital importance that you exercise your leg as well. Leg exercises help your legs to stay in shape.
Here, we tell you about some leg slimming exercises which you can do at home.
- Stand up with your feet spread out to about your shoulder-width and take a big step forward with your right foot.
- Next, place your hands on your hips to balance yourself and then lower your body downwards till you form a right angle at the knee.
- Now, use your leg muscles to slowly raise yourself back up.
- Repeat this process atleast 30 times for each leg.
- Stand up and spread your feet a little wider than your shoulder-width.
- Now, take small step with your each foot and turn your feet outwards.
- Place both your hands on either side of your hips or hold the back of a chair for support.
- Now, lower your body to about six inches or so and then rise up slowly. But make sure that your back remains straight while you follow this step.
- Repeat this step to about 30 repetitions.
- Stand up and spread your legs a little more than your shoulder width.
- Raise your whole body and balance it on your tiptoes and hold it there for a few seconds. Then, lower your body slowly.
- Repeat this procedure for about 40 times.
- Stand up and spread your legs to a little more than your shoulder-width. Now, spread your arms sidewise.
- Keeping an upright position, lower your hips like you sit in a chair. After your lower your body, you should stand up, slowly.
- Repeat this step atleast 20 times.
This exercise is done differently for outer and inner thighs.
For outer thighs:
- Put your body weight on your left foot and point your right foot outwards to an angle.
- Now, raise and lower your right leg out towards the side. But remember, you necessarily do not have to lift your left leg, just raise it as far as you feel comfortable.
- Repeat about 20 times.
For inner thighs:
- Start the exercise with your body weight on your left foot.
- Raise your body and point your right foot straight in front of you.
- Now, start moving your right foot and leg across the left leg of yours. You should feel a little stress on your inner thighs; if you don't feel any stress, then turn your leg so that the inner thigh faces towards the ceiling.
- Repeat the steps about 20 times.
All the above mentioned exercises, if done properly can immensely help to tone and slim the legs. Remember, strong, healthy legs will help you in the long run.