Have you been bored with your old home décor and want to bring about a change? Japanese decorating style is a great way to spruce up your interiors yet once again. It is completely different from other Asian decoration styles. It is extremely simpleton and unsoiled, which requires maintenance. This style utilizes very few decorative items with respect to decoration. It employs more empty space, which provides peace to both mind and senses. In effect, Japanese decorating style can act as a great stress buster by reflecting a less hectic lifestyle.
Japanese Interior Decorating
- If it is possible for you to change the flooring, replace carpet or tile with highly polished bamboo flooring. This forms the basis of traditional Japanese interiors.
- Paint is another important aspect of interior designing. Choose off-whites or neutral colors for your walls, thereby producing a harmonic background and a sense of order in your decor. This corresponds to orderliness, which is a key element of Japanese design.
- Make sure you clear out the clutter. Eliminate all the little bits and pieces that fill your empty space. This is because balance and peacefulness are two important columns of Japanese decoration.
- Bring natural elements into your space. Use items like an orchid, a small fountain or a bamboo plant to create an authentic Japanese interior. This adds an element of serenity to your décor, which is vital to Japanese design.
- Add a chief focal point to your interiors. It can be anything from a pillar painted with red lacquer or a wall with a hanging tatami mat. However, just use only one accent piece to bring about that Japanese feel in your room. If you place the chief element at the center of the room, it will attract visitors and invite them to share the Japanese feeling of your space.
- You can use Japanese decorating textures such as cedar, rice paper, maple, bamboo, stone and woven wicker in your interiors. You can also use textured silk, tatami floor mats and the elaborate needlework of kimonos and obi’s for a rich Japanese look.