Successful relationships are based on trust that acts as a glue to keep the relationship blossoming. Even if the relationship enters stormy waters, the trust is strong enough to make the couple sail through it. But in a relationship trust is based on a very shaky foundation. And one of the main reasons why trust is not able to foster in many relationships is the feeling of insecurity felt by any of the partners. In most cases, it is because of the past experiences of failed romance or traumatic life that makes one insecure. The person suffering from insecurity constantly feels that his/her partner may opt out of the relationship without any rhyme or reason. This creates certain complexities in the relationship and gradually an invisible wall develops between the couple and the insecure partner fails to understand that it is the direct result of her/his insecurity. The person then becomes more insecure. So, it is imperative that each of us should try to overcome our insecurities, or else we will be fated to live a lonely life. This article will help you to overcome insecurity in relationships.
Overcoming Insecurity In Relationships
- Insecurity is the direct result of low self esteem. So, to overcome this it is very necessary to start valuing yourself more. In a relationship self doubt leads one to question why one’s partner is not with someone better. Try to get over such questions. Believe in your capability and feel that you deserve your partner’s love and care. Drive away the thought that you are holding back your partner.
- Address your insecurity by focusing on your strengths and talents. Do those things in which you can utilize your skills more effectively. This will bring more appreciation and will boost your confidence. This will also help you believe in your self-worth and gradually you won’t be insecure as you will also see that you are playing your part in the relationship.
- Be what you are. Don’t wear a mask to hide your insecurity. Confide in your partner the reasons why you feel so insecure in the relationship. Your partner will appreciate you more if you keep open your heart to him/her. Also, when you live your life as you are, it will make you more desirable in your partner’s eyes.
- Insecurity makes one imagine things that are totally baseless. When your negative imaginations starts to trouble just question yourself whether or not the things you are imagining are logically possible. Don’t go through daily torture with imagined stories as these will only increase your insecurity.
- Don’t look for reassurance every time from your partner. Understand that he/she also has a life of his/her own. You can’t expect a person to be by your side constantly just because you are insecure that he/she may leave you. Such behavior can also lead to trouble in the relationship.
- Don’t let your negative experiences cloud your relationship. Instead talk to your partner of how those experiences have impacted you. Be more communicative and honest with your partner. Though it can be emotionally painful it can result in better understanding between the two of you. You will also be able to leave those experiences behind you.
- Don’t leave with the constant thought that your relationship will break apart any moment. This will not only keep you from enjoying the present, but such mentality will in time irritate and drive your partner away.
Insecurity in relationships makes it harder for the couple to build trust. This article will help you to overcome insecurity in relationship.