The health of a person depends, to a great deal, upon the efficiency of his body’s immune system. The stronger your immune system, the lower your susceptibility to diseases, and vice versa! In short, it is very necessary for an individual to maintain a strong immune system; otherwise he has all the chances of catching the mildest of infections. So, if you want to make sure that your body has the ability to fight off any threat, start taking steps that will help improve your immune system. In the following lines, we have mentioned a number of natural ways of improving the immune system of the body.
Improve Your Immune System
- Make sure to eat those foods that give a boost to the immune system. Food items like apples, oranges, broccoli, cantaloupe, brown rice and olive oil make the immune system stronger.
- Green leafy vegetables, whole grains, beans, fruit and roots help in making the immune system stronger.
- Make sure to include fish and poultry in your everyday diet, as they have been found to be beneficial for the immune system.
- Sweets and high-fat food items are a big no-no. Having them occasionally is ok, but don’t make it a habit to have desserts on a daily basis.
- Do not consume too much dairy products. Even red meat and eggs should be taken in moderation.
- Garlic is very good for the immune system of the body. You can take it either raw or in cooked form.
- Herbal teas, like green tea and black tea, boost the immune system, since they contain antioxidants, bioflavonoids, tannins and indoles.
- Reduce your consumption of processed and packaged foods as much as possible. Instead, try to stick to fresh foods and vegetables.
- Try to avoid the food items that contain polyunsaturated vegetable oils.
- Stick to organic food as much as possible.
- Apart from having a healthy diet, it is very necessary for you to maintain the shape of your body too. Make sure to exercise on a regular basis. You can walk or jog, for at least 30 minutes, 4 times a week.
- For having a healthy body, it is essential to have a healthy and peaceful mind. Try to do meditation, atleast thrice a week.
- Proper and sound sleep is very necessary for a healthy immune system. Make sure to have atleast 6-8 hours of sleep every day.
- ‘Laughter is the best medicine’. This adage holds true in case of immune system too. Try to be happy and laugh as much as you can.