Imagine you are at a social do or a party and have found yourself a nice group of people to converse with. They are all asking questions, discussing topics, cracking jokes, laughing and generally having a good time. Suddenly, they all run out of topics and become quiet. All of you are now looking at each other uncomfortably, smiling away in that silly way and wishing the food would be served quickly. How many times has this happened to you? Myriad right? Such a situation comes up because many of us do not know how to break the ice when we have run out of all good topics for conversations. To help yourself deal with such a situation in a better way, have a look at the lines that follow. Here are some easy and foolproof icebreaker questions that have been known to work for ages.
List Of Icebreaker Questions
Classic Icebreaker Questions:
- What is one goal you’d like to accomplish during your lifetime?
- When you were little, who was your favorite super hero and why?
- Who is your hero? (a parent, a celebrity, an influential person in one’s life)
- If they made a movie of your life, what would it be about and which actor would you want to play your character?
- If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go and why?
- What’s the ideal dream job for you?
- Are you a morning or a night person?
- What are your favorite hobbies?
- What are your pet peeves or things that you dislike about yourself?
- What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Name one of your favorite things about someone in your family.
- Tell us about a unique or quirky habit of yours.
- If you had to describe yourself using three words, it would be…
- If you could be given a Nobel Prize, what would it be for?
- If you were allowed to travel back and forth in time, using a time machine, which time of your life would you travel back to and why?
- What do you think was the most difficult part of growing up and why?
- What is the one item in your closet that you always think of throwing away, but never quite come close to actually doing so?
- What do you love doing most?
- If you could change your name, what would it be and why?
- If you could make a good living doing anything at all, what would that be?
- What is the kindest thing a stranger has ever said to you?
- Who or what makes you laugh the most?
Funny Icebreaker Questions
- Name the most embarrassing incident of your life?
- What was the funniest or stupidest thing you ever did in your life?
- What was the worst pick-up line that someone used on you?
- What was the worst date you have had to bear with?
- What was the most embarrassing thing that a child said to you?
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- If you were a cartoon, which one would you prefer being?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
- What’s the worst thing you did as a kid?
- What do you do to have fun?
- Have you been told, you look like someone famous?