If you love clothes, then winter is the best time to flaunt an amazing wardrobe, what with sweaters, pullovers, sweatshirts, jackets, skirts, jeans, caps, gloves and boots adoring your apparel shelves. Winter not only allows you a chance to go for brighter hues and shades, but it also gives you an opportunity to experiment with new style and fashion. However, at the time of adoring yourself for a winter outing, make sure you drape yourself well. This means not just adoring yourself with stylish clothing, but putting on clothes that would keep you warm and save you from the chills. Layered clothing is the best way for you to insulate yourself against the harsh weather. Layers should be used in such a way that they serve the purpose and don’t even make you look bulky or odd. The fabric which you wear should be thickly woven. Make sure that each part of your body is properly covered and protected from the windy weather. The layered clothing mostly starts with breathable shorts and t-shirt and end with gloves and scarf to confine the warm body temperature. This article provides you with tips on how to wear layered clothing, for you to learn and protect yourself against cold and still look stylish and trendy.
Image: lululemon athletica@flickr
Tips For Wearing Layered Clothes
- Start your layered clothing by wearing a breathable layer of clothing, which might include a t-shirt and shorts. Cotton clothes and moisture grasping clothes are the best option. This layer will help pull moisture away from your skin, thereby keeping you dry and comfortable.
- Next, put on a light layer of clothing, which will serve the purpose of an insulator. Thermal pants and shirts are the best option. Apart from being lightweight, these are excellent insulators. This layer of clothing is important as it keeps body heat confined to the body of the wearer.
- On top of the thermal wear, add on a thick layer of clothes. Sweatshirts, sweaters and pullovers are some of the options you can use for top layer clothing. Jeans and corduroy serve the best when it comes to keeping your bottom warm. This layer of clothing is basically worn to keep away the cold air from your body, thereby protecting you from frost and chill.
- Once the above is worn, turn to your winter coat. Wear a thick and water proof layer of winter coat. The length of the coat will depend on the other clothing and the fabric you are putting on that day. Make sure that your overcoat complements the outfit, which you are wearing, in all aspects.
- While most of us put on layer of clothing for protecting our body, it is our head that often goes ignored or unnoticed. You should not forget to protect your head from the sharpness of the cold weather. Remember, you can lose a lot of heat from the top of your head. Therefore, it is essential for you to wear a cap or wrap around a scarf.
- Covering up your feet and hands is quintessential. If you don’t insulate your hands and feet, chances are that you might get affected with frostbites. Wear thick socks and closed toe shoes to protect your feet. Mittens or gloves can be used to protect your hands.
- In case of extremely low temperature or windy weather, use a ski mask or wrap around a scarf around your mouth.