There are many reasons why you would want to tuck in your shirt. One reason is that you would want to look smart. This might be to impress the really cute girl who has just moved in to your neighborhood. Or, it could be that you are about to attend a formal occasion and you just can’t afford to look shabby. The second reason why you might want to tuck in your shirt is to keep yourself warm and to keep insects away from creeping up when you are taking an outdoor walk. Whatever, your reasons are, tucking a shirt involves more than just stuffing it into a pair of pants. It requires neatness, which, admittedly, can be a bit difficult at first. However, once you get the hang of it, you will find that it is not so hard after all.
How To Tuck In A Shirt Properly
- Ensure that you choose the right shirt. Shirts that are too long will look awkward tucked in. Therefore, it is best to choose a shirt of medium length, which will look neat once you are done with it.
- Ensure that your shirt is clean and neatly ironed before wearing it. It should also fit you well. A loose-fitting shirt will make you look like a human coat-hanger. You will also need to make sure that your pant is not loose. If it is, use a belt that matches your clothes.
- Before wearing your pants, put on your shirt. This will ensure that your shirt stays in place once you have got your pants on. Once you have your shirt on setting neatly, pull your pants up. Align the buttons of the shirt with the centre of your pants to make it look neat and smart.
- Make small folds on both sides of the shirt so that the shirt will not get bunched up later on. If you find that your shirt keeps getting bunched up, then you have chosen a shirt that is too large for you. It is advisable to change this for something more your size so that you will look neat.
- Button up your pants and zip them up. If you are wearing a belt (it is advisable to wear one), make sure that there are no untidy creases that appear. Some people tend to tuck their shirts into their underwear. If you do so, ensure that the underwear does not end up higher than your pants. It will be highly embarrassing if this gets noticed.
- Once the shirt is tucked in, raise your arms completely. There will be a part of your shirt that rises up, out of your pant. Fold this down nearly, taking care not to pull the shirt too much. The ideal amount of shirt that should be folded outside the waistline is around an inch of it.