Moustache has been regarded as the symbol of masculinity by people, since ages. The facial hair, grown over the upper lips, has been subjected to dynamic changes in style, due to changing trends, over the passing years. The facial hair starts developing when the boys reach the stage of adolescence. Initially, it grows at the corners of the upper lip and then spreads over the entire upper lip, adopting the shape of a mustache. If you want to sport a mustache on your face, you should be ready to trim it before it grows unruly. While there are a number of ways to stylize a mustache, the basic step for trimming (to prevent it from looking rowdy) remains almost the same. Here we are to help you with guidance on how to trim your moustache. Read the following lines and increase your knowledge.
Trimming A Mustache
- Full-length Mirrors
- Electric Razors
- New Blade
- Fine-toothed Comb
- Pair of Thin Scissors
Instructions For Trimming
- In order to trim your moustache, you need to sit in front of a full-length mirror, to make sure that you would be able to see each and every angle of your face and hands clearly.
- Now, you need to take some water in your hands and wet your mustache with it, slightly. Do not make it dripping wet. If possible, use warm water for the purpose of wetting.
- Next, you will have to brush down the hair of your moustache. For the purpose, make use of a fine-toothed comb, if possible the one that has been made specifically for a mustache.
- After you have combed the mustache, take a pair of thin scissors and clip the hair on its outer edges. Make sure to use the scissors conservatively, lest you end up harming yourself.
- With a firm motion of your hand, use the pair of scissors to snip across the bottom of the moustache.
- The next step will comprise of trimming the body of the mustache, in such a way that you achieve the desired evenness and bushiness. At the same time, make sure to clip errant hairs.
- By now, the work of scissors is over and you will be required to use a razor, instead. You need to touch up the top of the moustache with a razor, till the time the desired line is attained.
- In case you have a pencil-thin or handle-bar mustache, use the razor accordingly and make sure not to end up shaving off the top of the mustache accidentally.
- Your work is almost complete. Now, all you need to do is comb the moustache once again, using the same comb as earlier.
- Make sure to use the scissors as well as the razor carefully. Even the slightest mistake in trimming the moustache can alter your appearance drastically and even harm your face.
- In case you are mainly concerned about reducing the bushiness of your mustache, making use of a beard trimmer will prove to be a good option.
- After trimming the moustache, you can use wax to shape or groom it and get the desired look.