There is a very old saying - 'grass is always greener on the other side'. This saying holds especially true in case of hair. For instance, brunettes bleach their hair blonde, while those with straight hair always want to have curls. The very same way, the people with curly hair pine for poker-straight locks. It is not too difficult to straighten curly hair, provided you have the right appliances with you and know how to use them properly. In other to help you with the task, we have provided the complete procedure on how to straighten curly hair, in the lines below.
Tips for Straightening Curly Hair
- Straightening Crème
- Large Roll Brush
- Hair Dryer
- Concentrator Attachment (for hair dryer)
- Straightening Iron
- Shine Gloss
- First of all, you need to wash your hair properly. Thereafter, apply conditioner and rinse it out thoroughly.
- Next, you need to squeeze excess water out of your hair, with the help of a towel.
- Using a comb, remove the tangles from your hair.
- Take out a generous amount of straightening crème onto your palms and rub hands together.
- Work your hands into the hair and keep on working, till the crème gets evenly distributed.
- Now, divide hair into almost-equal, three sections (horizontally) - top of head, middle layer and underneath portion of hair.
- With the help of clips, attach the top two sections together.
- With the roll brush and hair dryer (with concentrator attachment), start drying the lower section of your hair.
- Take the bottom section and start working in 2-3 inch wide sections (vertically), from one side of the head to the other.
- Follow the drying procedure with the other two, middle and top, sections of your hair as well.
- Again, divide hair into three sections - top of head, middle layer and underneath portion of hair.
- Use the straightening iron to straighten each layer of hair, working from the bottom section up.
- Divide each section into further, one-inch sections (vertically) and slowly press with the straightening iron, from the root to the tip.
- After you have covered all the three sections, it is the time to apply shine gloss product.
- Squeeze a dime size amount of shine gloss product onto your palm and rub hands together.
- Smooth hands over hair, so as to work the product through your straightened curly hair.
- Voila! Your curls have been straightened.