According to doctors, the primary cause behind sweaty hands is medically unknown and yet this sweaty hand condition affects around one percent of the world population. There are many people around the world, who suffer with the problem of sweaty hands medically known as Hyperhydrosis. Sweaty palms can set in at any time, whether you are on your first date and feeling nervous or while working out in a gym. Sweaty hands can be embarrassing, especially for those who work in and around people for eight to ten hours. If you are a PR professional and suffer from sweaty hands then it might be embarrassing for you to shake hands and greet your clients. People tend to disguise sweaty hands by smoothing back hair before a handshake. This gives them the chance to wipe sweat in hair. However, this is not an effective solution to the problem. Having sweaty palms is a trouble, which can affect one's social, personal, and professional life. There are solutions to your sweaty hands problem. Here are some tips, which can help you get rid of sweaty hands.
How To Get Rid Of Sweaty Hands
- Start with drinking plenty of liquid. Once your body temperature rises, the amount of sweat your body produces also rises. If you drink plenty of water, your body will remain cool resulting in less or no sweating. On the other hand, less intake of water mean higher body temperature and increase in sweating.
- Sweating palms are usually a symptom of nervousness, depression, and stress. If you are in for a job interview and feeling nervous, an emotional response will trigger the sweat production in your hands. The same follows when you are in a state of depression or stressed out. So, if this is the reason behind your sweaty hands then you need to set free from stress! Practice yoga or some relaxation techniques to get rid of stress.
- Apply an antiperspirant to your hands. Use an aluminum-based antiperspirant, rather than using a deodorant. When you apply an antiperspirant, make sure that your hands are clean and dry.
- After bath, use talcum powder on your hands. Talcum powder can help in controlling excessive sweat. However, excessive use of talcum powder can leave your hands dry and cracked.
- One of the common causes for sweaty hands is overweight. To get rid of sweaty hands, you need to get rid of those extra kilos. So, consult a physician and begin a weight loss program.
- Carry a hand towel with you all the time. Whenever you feel your hands are too sweaty, you can wipe in a towel.
- Avoid foods, which are believed to trigger the condition. Avoid spicy food, caffeinated beverages, which might be the cause behind your sweaty palms.
- For immediate relief, wash your hands with soap and cold water.
- Take hot water in a bowl and add tea bags. Let the tea bags in water for a few minutes. Put your hands in the bowl and soak for a few minutes.
- Squeeze a tea bag in each hand while you are soaking hands in hot water.
- After a few minutes, once you are done with soaking your hands, wipe your hands with a soft cloth or a tissue paper. Don’t wash your hands.
- Now, you can shake hands for several hours without worrying about sweat.
- If you have serious sweaty hands problem then you should consult a doctor. He can give you appropriate treatment, depending on your condition. He might recommend Iontophoresis, a technique which involves application of low electrical currents to the skin, while your hands are immersed in water.
- To get rid of sweaty palms, surgical options are also available. Thoracoscopic sympathectomy and Botox are two surgical methods performed to get rid of sweaty palms.