Imagine having to go to a meeting, an interview or to your girlfriend/ boyfriend with a huge wet patch under the arms. To complement this, it comes attached with a sickly odor. All your trusted weapons, like cotton pads, deo sprays, and anti-perspiration lotions, have failed miserably. With no solution in sight, the only way to save yourself from an embarrassing situation is to take an extra dressing with you. Though it is quite a logical solution, carrying an extra dress makes you feel like being on a travel every day, other than being highly inconvenient. The problem does not seem to be confined only to hot weather. The type of lifestyle you lead is also a major factor. To stop armpit sweating, it is better that you turn towards your own kitchen, instead of running towards the doctor. There are various home remedies that make use of the ingredients found in the kitchen and effectively rid your underarms of sweat and odor. Read on to explore some of the best ways on how to stop armpit sweating.
Ways To Stop Armpit Sweating Naturally
- Before going to bed, apply lemon juice on your armpits. Lemon drives away the bad odor and also reduces the sweating.
- Apply apple cider vinegar on the underarms and then leave for 20 minutes. Wash with warm water. This also reduces the sweating to a great extent.
- Apply tomato pulp under your arms and leave on for 15 minutes. Wash thoroughly with water. Applying tomato pulp daily will help reduce the sweating in a couple of weeks.
- Grind some walnut and eucalyptus leaves into a smooth paste. Apply this paste on your armpits to reduce the odor and sweat.
- Another method to stop underarm sweating is to consume a cup of sage tea every day.
- Baking soda can be used as a very good deodorizer. Mix a spoonful of baking soda in a glass of water and add three drops of lavender oil. Now, spray this solution on your armpits.
- Another effective home remedy is to use tea tree oil. Applying this oil on the armpits reduces the sweating.
- Burdock herb is another good option, as it lessens perspiration. Another herb that is very effective in stopping armpit sweating is astragalus. This herb balances the body’s sweat response and is very effective in reducing night sweats.
- Prepare tea with peppermint, lemon balm, and fennel and have a cup before going to bed. It calms the body, which results in reduced sweating.
- Drinking green tea is also very beneficial in curbing sweaty armpits. It is also a great way to eliminate the body toxins.
- Diet is one of the main causes of excessive sweating. Include more of vegetables, fruits, and dairy products in your diet, as they keep the body cool.
- If you are overweight, work towards bringing your weight under control, as overweight people are more prone to sweating. It is also better to avoid spicy foods.
- Maintain a proper body water level. Do not think that drinking less water will make you sweat less. Drink a minimum of eight glasses of water every day.
- Reduce your alcohol intake. Alcohol increases the heart rate and the body temperature, which in turn causes sweating. Also, stop or reduce the use of cigarettes and coffee. The chemicals present in them also increase sweating.
- Avoid stress. Relax as often you can. Do breathing exercises daily, as they help you to relax and reduce sweating. Stress increases the internal temperature, making you sweat more.
- Aluminum Chloride and Ethyl Alcohol are very effective in preventing excessive sweating. Mix one part of aluminum chloride with one part of ethyl alcohol and apply it on the underarms, before going to bed. This is very effective when applied regularly.
- Cotton clothes minimize perspiration, so wear them to control sweating.