Spots and marks on the skin are basically signs of ageing. However, brown spots can appear on the skin of a person of any age group. Brown spot is a skin problem that appears mainly because of the skin coming in direct contact with the harmful UV rays of the sun. These brown spots commonly appear on the face of a person, since this part of the body is chiefly exposed to the sun rays. The skin produces cells called ‘melanocytes’, when it is exposed to the UV rays of the sun. These cells, in turn, produce a brown pigment called ‘melanin’, which is responsible for the skin turning darker in patches. Although there are several medications to get rid of these face spots, if you want a cure minus side effects, natural remedies are what you should be looking for. Read on to get a hang of natural home remedies for brown spots.
Natural Home Remedies For Brown Spots
- Direct sun rays are the main cause for the brown spots to appear on the skin. Therefore, in order to prevent the brown spots from appearing on your face, avoid excessive exposure to direct sun rays.
- Parboil two almonds and grind them to make a powder out of it. Mix the powdered almonds with an egg white and ½ tsp of lime juice. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it to dry. Once dried, wash your face with warm water and then with cold water. This is one of the most effective methods for getting rid of brown spots.
- Bleaching with plain lemon juice is enough to get rid of the spots from the face and get back the glow on your skin.
- Take a tsp of saffron and mix it with enough honey. Apply it all over the spotted areas and leave it to set. Wash it off with normal water to get the desired result.
- Another natural remedy to get rid of brown spots is garlic. Juice out a clove of garlic and apply it all over the spotted areas, using a cotton ball, twice a day for 6 weeks to remove the spots off your face.
- Grind together 100 g each of neem leaves, basil herb leaves and mint leaves. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and mix well to form a powder. Add rose water and mix to form a paste. Apply the paste onto the face to remove brown spots.
- Apply castor oil on the areas affected with brown spots on your face. If there are large lesions, put a bandage with castor oil on the affected area.
- Aloe vera is also an effective remedy for brown spots and should be rubbed twice a day on the brown spots for a month or so. Aloe vera is a miraculous herb that is sure to bring back the glow on your face, if used regularly.
- Mix together 1/8 tsp ginseng, 1/8 tsp gotu kola and a pinch of cayenne into a cup of herbal tea or hot water and use it over your face to remove the brown spots.
- Add 1 tsp of orange juice to 2 tsp of apple cider to make a beneficial mixture. Apply this mixture on your face and get the desired result.
- Washing your face with sour milk or buttermilk also gives out immediate results. Buttermilk or sour milk contains lactic acid that is extremely useful in removing and fading brown spots.
- Combine parsley juice with equal amounts of orange juice, lemon juice and red currant juice. Apply the mixture on your face to get back the glow of a young skin.
- Mix together ½ tsp fresh lime juice, 1 tsp grated horseradish root, ½ tsp vinegar and 3 drops rosemary essential oil. Apply the beneficial mixture on the dark brown spots with the help of a cotton ball, two times a day and get the glow you have always dreamt of.