Freckles look very cute when you are young and sprawl around in the sun during winters. However, they result into ugly age spots when you finally grow old leaving you with a dull brown face. Also known as dark spots, liver spots and sun-damaged skin, age spots are little red or black colored freckles that appear on the skin, considered to be a sign of ageing. Age spots can be treated by following one of the two different methods available: either visit a dermatologist for a medical treatment or try out some natural home remedies to get rid of those unwanted freckles from your face. While removing dark spots chemically can lead to various other skin problems, home remedies are natural and risk-free. Given here are different natural remedies for removing age spots naturally and revealing a younger looking skin. Worth trying!
Natural Home Remedies For Age Spots
- Lemon is regarded as one of the strongest natural skin lightening remedies, due to the presence of citric acid. Simply, dab some lemon juice on the age spots twice a day for about two months. Those ugly dark spots will start fading away gradually.
- Finely chop an onion and extract its juice. Combine 2 tablespoons each of onion juice and apple cider vinegar. Store the mixture in a container and apply on the age spots. The acids present in the onion juice induce skin peeling and hence, act as a bleaching agent.
- Grab some garlic cloves and rub them generously on the age spots every night. The result can be noticed within six to eight weeks. The acids in garlic assist in shedding the outer layer of the skin.
- Castor oil is very effective in lightening the age spots and improving the texture of the skin. Apply some castor oil onto your skin directly and massage until absorbed. It will penetrate deep into the skin, thereby smoothing out the sun and liver spots.
- Aloe vera gel and juice have been known for treating numerous skin disorders and problems, such as skin burns. Dab some aloe vera gel or juice to the blemishes twice a day and see effective improvements within a month.
- Combine ¼ cup plain yogurt with 1/8 cup organic apple cider vinegar. Add to this, juice of ¼ lemon and 1 tbsp aloe vera gel or juice. Apply the mixture onto your face and neck and allow it to dry for 10 minutes. Reapply another layer of the mixture to your face and neck. Let it dry for 10 minutes. Thereafter, wash your face and neck thoroughly. Dab some lightening solution on age spots and wait for a minute to dry. Moisturize henceforth.
- Cut out a slice from chilled green papaya and use its flesh to rub on the skin. Leave the papaya onto your skin for about 15 to 20 minutes to reduce the age spots. Rinse your face and continue this process till you achieve the desired lightness.
- Mix 1/3 cup of fresh chick peas with some water to form a smooth paste. Coat the age spots with the paste and leave it to dry. Wash it off thereafter.