Ahh, uhh, ouch! This is not just an advertisement for an ointment. This is the reality for many of us after a heavy workout, shopping for longer hours, manual labor or even just sitting for an extended period. Muscles can feel sore after over effort, hard work and sometimes because of the lack of any movement. Although a difficult muscle sore is best left to professionals, a common sore can be eased with the help of some common tips. A sore muscle can really act as a damper in one’s life, however running to doctor for every little thing is not a feasible option. Explore in the following points how you can relax sore muscles with the homemade tips and go on living painlessly, literally!
Home Remedies For Sore Muscles
- It goes without saying. Rest is the best for your sore muscles. If you are suffering from sore muscles, try not to use them vigorously, at least for two to three days.
- You can also drink lemon juice, as it helps in carrying oxygen and nutrients to the muscles and is also known for its detoxifying abilities.
- One more thing, which you can do for instant relief, is use Epsom salt. Add two cups of the salt to your bathing water or add it to warm water and soak your legs, arms, and feet, in the tub for twenty minutes. You can even soak a towel in a tub with warm water and Epsom salt and place it on the muscles.
- Stretching just after any activity will not let the lactic acid, which causes the soreness, collect in your muscles. Although the muscles will hurt a little after all the strenuous activities, it will bring long term relief.
- You can also apply ice packs for immediate aid, as they help in breaking the lactic acid, the main culprit behind sore muscles.
- You can also apply an emollient on the muscles. It’s always good to have a specific cream for sore muscles. Make it an essential in your medical box.
- Take fifty to hundred grams of dried beans and place them in a towel or an old sock. Now, heat them in a microwave for thirty seconds and let them cool down for a bit. Apply them on the sore muscles and see the magic of instant relief.
- You are what you eat. So, make sure that you have a proper diet and incorporate the right amount of proteins in it as well. This will not only prevent muscle loss, but also shoot up your recovery time.
- You can also add yellow mustard seeds in your bathing water, along with Epsom salt, to help relax the sore muscles.
- Apple cider vinegar also helps in relieving the pain from aching muscles. So, add 2-3 cups of apple cider vinegar to find yourself relieved from the sore muscles.
- You can also relax your sore muscles with a rice pad. Fill an old sock with long grained white rice and cover the sock with another sock. Now, microwave it for ninety seconds or a little more and after sock has cooled a little, apply it on the sore muscles. You will be surprised to see the pain vanish.