How To Rejuvenate Your Skin
Is your skin looking dull and lifeless? Are you looking for ways to restore its natural glow? There are numerous ways to rejuvenate your skin at home, one of them being the use of skin care products. Since it is very important to remove the dead cells of your skin and replace them with new cells, the treatment should be done on a regular basis. This will make your skin look brighter and softer. Rejuvenating skin involves cleaning, exfoliating and moisturizing it. In the following lines, we have given tips for rejuvenating your skin at home.
How To Rejuvenate Your Skin
Know Your Skin Type
Before opting for the skin care products, you should know your skin type - whether it is dry, oily, a combination of both, or normal. Consult a dermatologist to determine your skin type. He/she will also suggest the products suitable for your skin type.
Clean Your Face
The next step after determining your skin type is cleansing. Clean your face with lukewarm water. This will loosen the dirt off your face and unclog the pores. Take a bit of cleanser and rinse with cool water. Apply the cleanser on your face and leave it for half a minute. Wash your face thoroughly with water. Use a soap-free cleanser, since soap tends to dry out the skin.
Exfoliation is the best way to assist your skin to carry out the process of removing dead cells and replacing them with new cells, effectively. This process should be done after cleansing. Wash your face with cool water. Now, apply an exfoliating scrub (suitable for your skin) on a sponge. Rub your face with the sponge using circular motions, for a minute or two. Rinse the face with water.
Moisturize your face after exfoliating it. A moisturizer containing aloe vera gel and natural anti-oxidant extracts is preferable. It is better to avoid moisturizers with fragrances, as they can be harmful, especially if your skin is sensitive or prone to allergies. Apply moisturizer immediately after exfoliation, when the skin is still wet.
Protecting your skin from harmful Ultra-Violet rays will be the last step in the treatment for rejuvenating your skin. Sunscreens are available in the form of cream, gel and lotions. Use a sunscreen that has SPF in it, which will protect your skin from harmful UV rays, whenever you are out in the day light.
- Do skin treatment on a regular basis.
- Use a cleanser that suits your skin perfectly.
- If your skin is oily or normal, exfoliate 4-5 times per week. The process should be done 1-2 times a week, if you have a very sensitive or dry skin.
- While moisturizing your skin, make sure that you do not apply too much moisturizer, as it can clog the pores.
- Follow a balanced diet, with daily dose of fruits and vegetables.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin healthy and soft.
- Drink green tea. The anti-oxidants present it in can help a great deal in rejuvenating your skin. Black tea is also considered a good source of anti-oxidants, needed to keep the skin healthy.
How to Cite