Chicken pox is a diseases caused by varicella-zoster virus, which affects a person only once in a lifetime. A repeat attack of the virus is highly rare. Having an incubation period of 10 to 21 days, the disease is highly contagious in nature. It can easily spread through coughs or sneezes of the affected person as well as by coming in direct contact with secretions from the rash. Before the appearance of rash, the symptoms include low grade fever, runny nose, slight cough, reduced appetite, headache and tiredness. In case you have already been affected by chicken pox and are left with the scars, no need to worry. We are here to help you out. Go through the following lines and get tips on how to reduce chicken pox scars.
Natural Treatment For Chicken Pox Scars
- One of the best home remedies for chicken pox scars will comprise of sandalwood oil. Right from the time the scars appear, start applying sandalwood oil on them, on a daily basis. Continue with the application till the time the dry skin falls off.
- Yet another oil that proves effective in removing chicken pox scars is Vitamin E oil. Apart from aiding the healing process, it also helps nourish the skin. You will have to apply Vitamin E oil on the scars, at least twice in a day, till the scars have faded away.
- Applying pure honey will also help you get rid of the scars that have resulted from chicken pox. In this context, you will need to apply honey all over the affected area. Not only would it help remove the scars, but also invigorate your skin.
- Your diet plays an important role in making sure that chicken pox does not end up leaving scars on your body. So, make sure you eat lots of vegetables, like spinach, green cabbage, tomatoes, green turnips and broccoli, apart from liver, lean meats and all kinds of dairy products.
- If you want to get rod of chicken pox scars, start making use of fresh lemon, on a daily basis. Cut a fresh lemon and rub its inner side all over the affected area. With time, it will help remove the dead skin and with it, the scars as well, leaving your skin clear and glowing.
- Another natural treatment will comprise of getting the ripe black seeds of Gulbaaz plant. Remove their white portion and mix it with water, forming a paste. Apply the paste on the affected areas and let it dry well. Wash off with water and pat dry. Do this on a daily basis.
- Garlic comprises of yet another item that can help in reducing the chicken pox scars. Peel the garlic pods and crush them slightly. Now, rub them all over the affected area. Leave for 1-2 minutes and rinse off. Do this treatment on a daily basis.
- Other natural treatments for chicken pox scars comprise of Black Abil powder and Aloe Vera gel. Applying them on the affected area, on a daily basis, will help in the removal of scars. You can also make use of cod liver oil, for the purpose.
- If you are suffering from the problem of chicken pox scars, it would be advisable to avoid the consumption of sweetened drinks and sugar. At the same time, make sure to drink 8-10 glasses of water and juices on a daily basis.