Hair fall is such a common phenomenon that many people suffering from it develop a fear of running their hands through their hairs let alone combing. Strands of hair in the shower or in the dressing table are a depressing features that many are acquainted with. However, many people don’t know that hair fall is a natural occurrence and no matter what you do, you cannot stop complete hair fall. What one can do though is to reduce the number of hair fall. With commercial hair fall preventing products, the question of side effects is always there and to take any chances with your rapidly receding hairline is a risk not worth taking. The recourse is to adopt home remedies to arrest this decline. Home remedies use only natural products and so they do not have any side effects. Perhaps home remedies are your only line of defence against going for the ‘bald’ look or developing a helipad in your head. Read below to know more on how you can prevent hair fall.
Hair Fall Home Remedies
- Always keep the hair clean. This will prevent dandruff and itching, which is the main cause of hair fall. Use shampoos and conditioner depending upon your hair type.
- Take a cup of mustard oil and in mix four tablespoons of henna leaves. Bring the oil to a boil and strain it in a bottle. Massage the scalp regularly with this oil.
- Grind a couple of tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and add it to a cup of water. Apply the solution in your hair and leave it for 40 minutes. Then rinse with plain water. Do this regularly for a month to reduce hair fall.
- Wash the hair with cold water and then rub the scalp vigorously with the fingers. This will stimulate the circulation and prevent hair fall.
- If you have any bald patches then you can stimulate the hair growth by rubbing the patches with raw onion until it becomes red and then applying honey.
- You can also massage a mixture of honey and egg yolk in your scalp and hair to reduce the hair fall. Allow the mixture to set on the head for half an hour and then rinse.
- A very good homemade shampoo can be made mixing together five tablespoons of curd, one tablespoon of lemon juice and two tablespoon of raw gram powder. Apply it on the hair and then wash after a few minutes.
- Heat a cup of coconut oil and add several dry pieces of amla. Bring it to a boil and then strain the mixture. Store it in a bottle. Daily massage the scalp and hair with this oil to reduce hair fall.
- Hair loss can also be prevented by using a shampoo made of amla juice and limejuice. This is also very effective in stimulating hair growth.
- Daily drink a cup of lettuce and spinach juice to prevent hair loss.
- Grind green coriander leaves in a blender to make a cup of juice. Wash your hair with this juice.
- Rinsing the scalp with coconut milk is also an effective remedy for hair loss.
- Take a tablespoon of lime seeds and a tablespoon of black pepper and grind them together. Add a small amount of water and apply it on the head. This will reduce the hair fall.