Popping a pimple should be refrained from, as much as possible. However, if you feel that you have no other option left, make sure that you exercise a lot of caution for the same and know exactly what to do and how to do it. First of all, remember that the right time to pop a pimple is when it has developed a pronounced, creamy-white head of dried pus. In case the pimple does not have a head as yet, refrain from squeezing it or even touching it altogether, or you might end up doing more harm than good. At the same time, never ever pop a pimple that does not develop a head and remains under the skin only. As to the rest of procedure on how to pop a pimple, refer to the following lines.
Popping Pimples With Needle
- Warm Water
- Clean Towel
- Cotton Pad
- All-natural Astringent (such as witch hazel)
- Clean Washcloth
- Hot Water
- Sewing Needle
- Tissue Paper
- Aloe Vera Gel
- First of all, you need to wash your face with a gentle cleanser, which is hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and alcohol-free. Use warm water, which is neither cold and nor hot, for the purpose. Make sure to keep splashing your face with warm water for 30-40 seconds.
- Pat your face dry with a towel, but don’t rub. Take a 100%-cotton pad and soak it with the astringent, to make sure that no dirt or residue is left behind after washing the face.
- Take a clean washcloth and wet a part of it with very hot water. Apply the wet cloth directly over the pimple. This will help open up the pore and make the popping process much easier as well as less painful. Apply the hot compress for around 60 seconds, re-wetting it whenever necessary.
- If you do not want to use hot compress, gently slide the warm washcloth over the pimple a number of times, making sure not to squeeze or push into the pimple. You can also use salt water mix and a cotton ball to soak the pimple, for 1-3 minutes.
- Now, you will have to get the sewing needle and sterilize it, using an open flame or rubbing alcohol. Thereafter, gently poke the surface of the pimple's white head, with the sterilized tip. Make sure not to poke deep into the pimple, just a gentle jab will do.
- Wrap your index fingers in tissue paper and use them to apply pressure around the pimple. This will encourage the pus to flow out of it. If you feel that the pimple is too tender, then just place the tissue over it and let it absorb the pus.
- As soon as you see a clear fluid and blood emerging from the pimple, be sure that it is the time to stop applying pressure. In case there is no blood, but the pus flow has become very less, then also take it to be an indication to stop applying pressure.
- In case of bleeding, wrap your finger in a new cotton pad and lightly press it on top of the pimple. Remove it when the bleeding stops. Now, leave the pimple untouched for 2-3 minutes. Now, wash your hands thoroughly and wash your face as well, as you did in the first step.
- Finally, all you need to do is apply a generous amount of aloe vera gel on the pimple and leave it undisturbed for a few hours. If you feel that the area is still swollen, hold an ice cube against it, after wrapping it in a paper towel, for 30-60 seconds at a time.