No one likes to see the telltale signs of aging rearing their ugly heads. Most people will go to any lengths, even surgery, to keep their skin wrinkle free and firm. It is not impossible to achieve wrinkle free skin without going under the knife. Even though there are lots of solutions available in the market, it would be best if you first understand how wrinkles and fine lines form. Processing this knowledge may also help you with your decision on what solution you would like to choose to battle wrinkles. The most common cause of wrinkles is the advancement in age. It is something that everyone has to face and is caused by the loss of collagen and elastin from the skin. While elastin is responsible for the skin being stretchable, collagen is what gives the skin the appearance of youth by providing skin with structure and strength. Other causes could range from extended exposure to the sun, smoking, stress and pure neglect.
Reducing Fine Lines And Wrinkles
Reducing fine lines and wrinkles can be achieved at home too with the application of these simple tips.
- To maintain the health of skin it is essential that you drink lots of water. This helps keep the skin hydrated and healthy for longer periods of time.
- Since prolonged exposure to the sun can also cause the skin to lose elastin, you should use sunscreen or sun blocks when you step out into the sun.
- You can also use creams like Retin-A and Differin to prevent wrinkles. These creams are rich in vitamin A and can be applied at night just before going to bed.
- Using antioxidant creams that contain vitamins C, vitamin E and coenzyme Q10 can help a lot in preventing wrinkles formed by exposure to pollution and stress.
- Using herbal creams that contains chamomile can also help in preventing wrinkles. Chamomile is good for the skin because it helps negate the harmful effects of exposure to toxins.
- You can also use some home remedies like treating the wrinkles with a paste made by mixing turmeric powder in sugarcane juice. Apply the paste on the area with wrinkles, leave to dry for 15 minutes and then wash off with cold water.
- If you are feeling as though you are under a lot of stress, then take a break to rejuvenate your strength and relax a little. Always remember, stress can cause wrinkles to appear even between the ages of 20 and 30 years.
- Keep your diet healthy and nourishing and avoid junk food as it has practically no nutritional value. Try to eat food rich in proteins, like fish, eggs and vegetables.
- If you are a smoker then it would be good if you stopped smoking since it too leads to wrinkled skin.
- Try to remain active and not lazy. Staying active slows down the aging process and helps delay the onset of wrinkles.
Following these tips will not only help you minimize fine lines and wrinkles, but will help improve the way you see yourself and get you to lead a healthier lifestyle.