Heart-broken? Wondering how to mend your dejected heart? Heartbreak is a stressful situation. Though you feel immense pain and soreness, it is not your body, but your heart that aches. When we get into a relationship, it seems as if the world has become a blessed place. However, with time, differences start cropping up. Your partner and you seem to disagree over everything and argue over every minor issue. Many-a-times, you do not even know the reason for the strange behavior executed by your boyfriend/girlfriend. After a break up, the first thing that a person looks for, is ways to come over it. Given below are some tips that would help you find a way out of pain and provide a healing effect in the process. Read on to know how to mend a broken heart.
Healing A Broken Heart
- The first few days after a breakup prove to be the most difficult time to manage. Do not demand too much from yourself - take each day as it comes. If you want to cry, do not restrain yourself. This would at least lighten your emotions and bad feelings.
- Do not think about who was at fault or whose mistake it was. If you let the thoughts linger in your mind, you would never be able to come over it.
- Relaxing your mind and soul is very important. Go for a hot bath or meditate or read an inspirational book. This would surely help lift up your spirits.
- Once you have relaxed yourself, it is the time to think practically. You have to accept the feelings of your ex as well as the fact that the two of you are no longer together.
- How long has it been since you did something that you really enjoy doing? Time has given you a chance to enjoy life on your terms. Make the most of it!
- Say the words ‘Move On’ in your mind again and again. Know for sure that this has to be your mantra for living for the next few days, or even months.
- Another simple way would be to smile. This might sound stupid, but smiling relieves a person of his/her distress immediately. Talk to your close friends, share a joke, watch a comic flick or do anything that would bring a smile on your face. You would realize that life without him or her can be fun and enjoyable.
- Make a note of this ‘Things do not get okay within a flip of a second. Everything takes time’. So, give yourself enough time to get over the breakup. Just like you cannot master a new job in 2 days or learn all the routes of a new city in a week, you cannot just get over a heart break within a few hours.
- It is very important to divert your mind. Instead of mourning over why things took such a turn or why his/her feelings changed or why did he/she stop loving you, focus on new things. Learn something you always wished to. Draw, paint, sing, dance - do whatever you wanted to. This would not only engage you, but also make you happy.
- Love yourself. Say sorry to your own self, because you have allowed someone to hurt you - someone who did not even know your value and worth and who does not even matter anymore.
- After some time, start socializing. Do not feel guilty. It's okay to mingle after a breakup. You are human and need to be around other people.