Unless you are a descendent of Princess of Arabia, there must have come time, when you would have opened your wardrobe and sighed, “I have nothing to wear”. Even after emptying the wardrobe and piling it on your bed, all you find is a collection of different colored clothes, which you have already worn like a thousand times over. You don’t have to rush to the nearest boutique to get a new outfit. Actually, you don’t have to have a hundred clothes to make a statement unless of course you are a celebrity. The trick lies in matching the clothes, which we already have to bring out a new pair each time you go out. After all fashion is the harmony of colors and as long as you have different colored clothes, you can match them and create a harmony. However more often than not, we less mortals, fall in the trap of fashion emergency by going out of house with either the same old dress over a hundred times or by pairing a two oppositely dressed colors and looking like a disaster. So what you can do? Raid the Tommy Hilfiger’s store? Actually, you don’t have to go to any extremes, you can mix and match your clothes to create a new and fresh look for everyday. All you need is a little trick and some tips. Go through the following tips and know how to match your clothes.
Tips For Matching Your Clothes
- Learn the basics first. One of the most important things is to look neat and clean and always have fitting clothes. Even if you are not ultra conscious of the fashion n around you, you need to have clothes, which are unsoiled, un-scuffed, and neatly fitting.
- Also it is better to have some neural colored bottom like beige, black, white and jean. These are easiest to match and you would never run into a fashion emergency.
- Also we generally make mistakes when we are in a hurry. So always, arrange your clothes beforehand to make sure you escape a disaster. Also one mantra of knowing whether or not your clothes are matching is by looking in a mirror, if you think it looks odd, it may as well be looking odd.
- Do not make the assortment of too many bright colors. It would be too much for the eyes. And if you are itching to put in some ultra-bright color in your wardrobe, you need to go as low as possible. For instance, a fluorescent yellow tee is a no-no but florescent yellow shoes are okay.
- Always be open to safe changes, for instance if you have always worn your black skirt with white blouse, you could wear a pink or a blue shirt next time, it will be a refreshing change to you also.
- Although you need to be open about new fads, there is always a need to not over-do it. For instance, if the bobby print is “in”, you don’t have to get it from head to toe.
- Never overdo on a single fabric, for instance going from head to toe in nylon would only make you look like a freak.
- Also in case of denim too, you should not wear it from top to bottom, it will only make you look like a cowboy.
- Also when it comes to red we are in a fix, you can match it with orange, violet, green etc however you need to make sure that these colors are muted. Also when it comes to matching red with blue and yellow, it is always better to avoid it if you don’t know how to carry it off.
- Blue is an ideal choice with white color and you can easily mix and match them. Lighter shades of green and violet can be matched with dark blue.
- Green can be matched with blue and yellow however you need to choose proper lightness and darkness for these colors.
- Yellow looks good with black, however as it has the tendency to look bright, it is always better to go for lighter shades of yellow when pairing with black. Yellow can also be paired with light green and light orange shades.
- Black color goes with everything and gives you a slimming effect. Go all black or pair it with any color.