Are you not happy with the lipstick shades available at the mall? Or are you spending too much on lipstick tubes you’ve never really liked? Do something about it! Don’t just sit back and watch your money fly out of the window for something you’re not too happy with. Here’s the solution to the problem – make your own lipstick! Yes, you read that right. You can actually make your own lipstick and even customize it according to your tastes and preferences. However, making your own lipstick may not be as easy you would want it to be. It requires a lot of patience and a good eye for colors. You may also have to buy numerous products from your department store, but the satisfaction derived from making your own lipstick will supersede the efforts put in. Go ahead! Take a step, read on to know how to make two fun variations of your own lipstick. Follow the instructions to a T to arrive at a lipstick shade that is unique to you.
Tips For Making Your Own Lipstick
You Will Need
- 1 tbsp organic Beeswax
- 1 tbsp organic Dried Alkanet Root
- 3/8 cup organic extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 9 drops of Rose Essential Oil
- 1 tbsp Jojoba Oil
- Muslin cloth (a piece)
- Begin by grating and melting the beeswax. Use a microwave or a double boiler to melt the beeswax.
- Heat the organic extra virgin olive oil and the jojoba oil together on a gas flame for twelve minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the dried alkanet root to the oil. Set aside for five to ten minutes. This step will give the lipstick its color.
- Place the muslin cloth over a large bowl and pour the mixture through it.
- Pour the resultant mixture into a double boiler and add the melted beeswax to it. Heat this mixture over a gentle flame for a few minutes or until you get to a gooey substance. Take the mixture off the heat and allow it to cool.
- Add to the cooled down mixture the nine drops of rose essential oil. Stir well.
- Pour this mixture into lipstick tubes or containers and wait until the same reaches room temperature. Your lipstick is ready!
Cocoa Butter Lipstick
You Will Need:
- 3.5 tsp Cocoa Butter, Vitamin E oil, Carnauba Wax
- 2.5 tbsp Castor Oil
- 20-25 drops of Liquid food coloring
- Microwaveable dish
- Add to the microwaveable dish, the castor oil and the drops of liquid food coloring.
- Also add the cocoa butter, carnauba wax and the vitamin E oil. Stir well
- Heat the mixture in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time. Do this until the mixture melts to a well-mixed goo.
- Allow the mixture to cool and pour into lipstick tubes or containers.