Enzymes are microscopic molecules which, when put together, work as a team to break down the organic material. Often, people use harsh and hazardous chemical cleaners to remove tough stains around the house. As far as safe and natural cleaners are concerned, they usually require a lot of hard work and strenuous scrubbing in order to match with the effectiveness of the chemical ones. Another alternative to clean your old and tough stains is by making a homemade enzyme cleaner. They effectively clean the surfaces by breaking down the tough stains, leaving behind only a clean, fruity smell. The breaking down process takes about a minute or so to work. All you need to do is spray the cleaner on the targeted area; wait for about a minute and simply wipe the residue with a scrub. Read through the following lines to know how you can make your own enzyme cleaner at home.
Homemade Enzyme Cleaners
Citrus Enzyme Cleaner
- 2-liter Plastic Bottle
- 100 g Brown Sugar
- 1 liter Water
- 300 g Lemon and Orange Scraps
- Marking Pen
- Pour the brown sugar into the 2-liter plastic bottle.
- Cut the lemon and orange scraps into pieces small enough to fit the mouth of the bottle. Put them in the bottle.
- Add one liter of tap water into the bottle.
- Tightly screw the cap so that no liquid falls out.
- Dissolve the sugar and other ingredients by shaking the bottle for about 30 seconds.
- Using a marking pen, write the date on the bottle. It will take three months for the ingredients to ferment.
- The enzyme cleaner will be ready after 3 months. All you need to do is add half a cup of enzyme cleaner to one liter of water and mix thoroughly.
- This enzyme cleaner is useful for washing bathrooms, getting rid of stubborn stains in the toilet bowl, cleaning dishes, doing laundry, cleaning the floor and acting as a natural insect repellant for ants and cockroaches.
- You can also mix a tablespoon of the cleaner with water to clean vegetables and fruits.
- The residue of this enzyme cleaner will make a good pesticides for vegetables, flowering plants and non-flowering plants.
Garbage Enzyme Cleaner
- Fruit and Vegetable Waste
- Black/ Brown Sugar
- Add one part of black or brown sugar to three parts of fruit and vegetable waste.
- Mix the above mixture with 10 parts of tap water, in a large bottle.
- Keep the bottle aside for three months, to allow the ingredients to ferment.
- The longer you keep the materials, the stronger will be the enzyme cleaner.
- This enzyme cleaner can be used to clean liquid on the floor, keep insect away, clean drains, wash dishes, wash car and do laundry.