In many countries of the worlds, like India and China, rice is a part of the staple diet. It is consumed, rather relished, by people on a regular basis. However, if you are from one of those countries where the grain is hardly used in cooking, don't fret over its preparation. It is quite easy to make rice, especially if your have a rice cooker handy. Otherwise also, the procedure is not too difficult. Want to know how to make white rice? Go through the following recipes and find step-by-step instructions on cooking white rice.
White Rice Recipes
Basic White Rice Recipe
- Rice Cooker
- A bag of Uncooked White Rice
- You will have to get a rice cooker for making the white rice. If you do not have it, purchase one from an Asian supermarket or even buy it from an online store.
- White rice comes in short, medium and long grain varieties. It is advisable to purchase the long grain variety, as it is considered to be the best.
- Get a large bowl and put ½ cups rice in it. Now, add enough cool water to submerge the rice and then rinse it well.
- Drain the rice and then add cool water to the bowl, again enough to submerge the rice. Rinse once again and drain.
- Now, put the wet rice in the rice cooker container and then pour enough cooking water to cover the rice well.
- Keep the rice container on a flat surface and put your palm face down into the rice container.
- If the water level in the container is right above the first crease of your fingers, it is enough. Otherwise, add or drain water, as required.
- Place the rice container inside the rice cooker, plug it in and then push the lever down.
- After the rice gets cooked, the rice cooker lever will pop up. You will need to leave the lid down for about 5 more minutes, to allow the rice to dry out a little bit.
- Finally, fluff up the rice with a fork. Now, take it out on a rice plate and serve hot!
White Rice With Garlic & Butter
- 1 cup Long-grain Rice
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1-quart Pan
- Pour 2 cups water in the 1-quart pan and place it on flame. After the water comes to a boil, add rice to the pan.
- Now, mix in the salt, minced garlic and minced ginger. Let the rice come to a rapid boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan with a lid and let the rice simmer for 20 minutes.
- After the rice is cooked, pour the melted butter on top and cover the pan with lid once again.
- A few minutes later, fluff up the rice with a fork, take it out on a rice plate and serve hot!