Vanilla pudding! The name itself is enough for us to crave for this mouthwatering scrumptious dessert. For many of us, it is even a comfort food. However, gone are the days when we actually went through the pain to make vanilla pudding at home and serve it at dinner! Today, most of the people just open a can of instant pudding, whenever they crave for it. Thus might be an easy route, but it surely lacks the personal touch and sometimes, even the taste associated with a vanilla pudding. So, why not cook your own homemade vanilla pudding? It is very easy to prepare and can be made from a few ingredients only. With the recipe given below, know how to make vanilla pudding and we assure you that you will toss your readymade instant pudding packets in the dustbin in no time.
Vanilla Pudding Recipe
- 3 cups Milk
- 1½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½-cup White Sugar
- ¼-cup Cornstarch
- An Egg
- 2 spoon Margarine
- Whipped Cream
- Finely-cut Almonds
- Chopped Walnuts
- Take one cup of milk, add the cornstarch to it, and blend it thoroughly. Beat the egg in another bowl.
- Add the beaten egg to the cornstarch and milk mixture and blend it carefully. You can also add a pinch of salt, if you want.
- Add sugar to the mixture and stir it. Add the rest of the milk to the mixture as well and blend it scrupulously.
- Now, you can either microwave the mixture or you can heat it on the stove. Heat it on medium flame and keep stirring it, until it gets thick and bubbly. If you are microwaving it, then leave the mixture on medium for ten minutes
- Take the mixture out from the stove and add the vanilla extract to it. Add margarine also and again, cook for a few minutes.
- Take the mixture out of the stove or the microwave and beat it with a hand mixer. Even a fork will do the trick.
- Blend the pudding until the mixture is thick. If it is not thick enough, you can cook it a few more minutes. In case the pudding has become too thick, you can add a little milk to it and stir well.
- You can serve the pudding hot or cool it, refrigerate it and then serve. Either ways, garnish it with whipped cream and dry fruits. The homemade pudding will be tastier and healthier than its artificial instant mix counterpart.