Cake is a delicious recipe, liked by the young and old alike. While bakery cakes are very appetizing and yummy, they cannot compare with the excellent taste of the homemade ones. Homemade cakes are much healthier than the market-bought ones and also cost a lot less. In fact, a simple sponge cake, made at home and covered with vanilla frosting, serves as an excellent dessert for any party. In the following lines, we have provided complete instructions on how to make vanilla frosting.
Simple Vanilla Frosting Recipe
- 10 ounces Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 5 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 to 2 tbsp Milk
- Take a large bowl and put the butter in it.
- Now, with the help of a hand-blender, beat the butter on medium speed.
- Continue beating the butter for 1 minute or until it becomes creamy.
- Add 1 cup confectioners' sugar and beat smooth.
- Continue adding the rest of confectioners' sugar, 1 cup at a time.
- Add vanilla extract and milk.
- Beat the mixture at high speed, until fluffy.
- You can add additional 1 tbsp milk, if necessary.
- The vanilla frosting is ready!
Cinnamon Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 6 to 8 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract/ 3tsp Lemon/Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon/3tsp Dried Ginger
The last two ingredients can be substituted with 3tsp lemon/lime juice and 3tsp dried ginger, respectively, for a different flavor.
- Mix the butter in a food processor.
- Now, add half of the sugar and blend once again.
- Pour in the remaining sugar, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Blend the ingredients well in the processor, until they are mixed properly.
- Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes, fill the piper and decorate the frosting.
Vanilla Fudge Frosting Recipe
- 1cup + 2tbsp Butter
- 6oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2 ¼ cup Sugar
- 6 Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 ¼ cup Cake Flour
- 1cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Milk (evaporated)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (semi-sweet)
- Mix butter, cheese, cream and sugar well to form a thick cream.
- Now, add the eggs, one at a time. Beat well after adding each egg.
- Stir in vanilla and beat.
- Pour the mixture in a pan of 15x10x1" dimensions, and bake at a temperature of 325 degrees, for a span of 30-35 minutes.
- Cool it completely before frosting.
- Mix sugar and milk in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to boil.
- Cover the saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Take care not to stir.
- Now, add butter and chocolate chips and stir until they melt.
- Cool the frosting and spread over the cake.