In winters, soups are amongst those liquids, which you can enjoy sipping in front of the fireplace. The sheer variety available in soups - chicken soup, hot and sour soup, sweet corn soup, vegetable soup, tomato soup and the like, ensure that you consume the same soup after a number of days have passed and you have forgotten its taste by that time. One of the most popular soups today, liked by majority of the people, is tomato soup. Its richness, combined with a slightly tangy flavor, makes it the choice of many. On top of that, if the tomato soup is made at home, nothing can beat its delicious taste. Read the recipes for given below and know how to make tomato soup. So, get ready to have your favorite soup right at the comfort of your home!
Homemade Tomato Soup Recipes
- 1 quart Tomatoes
- 1 pint Water
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 quart Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Cornstarch
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Heavy Cream, per soup plate
- Take a deep pan and put one pint water in it.
- After the water starts boiling, put tomatoes in it and cook for twenty minutes.
- Strain the tomato-water mixture.
- Again put the mixture on flame and when it starts boiling, add 1 tsp baking soda and a quart of milk.
- Mix 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp cornstarch.
- Add this butter-cornstarch mixture to the tomato soup, along with salt and pepper.
- Cook for a few seconds.
- Pour into soup bowls.
- Put 1 tbsp heavy cream in each bowl.
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Mint leaves
- First of all, put the tomatoes in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Thereafter, transfer them straight away in a bowl containing ice-cold water.
- Now, peel the skin of the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Fill a saucepan with water and set it to boil. Add to it the peeled and chopped tomatoes.
- Next, add mint and salt to the boiling tomato mixture and let it boil for about 5-6 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool, before blending it in a mixer.
- Once blended, sieve the blended mixture to discard the seeds.
- Garnish with a dash of butter. The yummy tomato soup is ready to add warmth to your body in the winter chill.
- 1 to 1.25 kg Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 small Carrot
- 1 Celery Stick
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Tomato Purée
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1.2 liter Hot Vegetable Stock (made with boiling water and 4 rounded tsp bouillon powder or 2 stock cubes)
- A Good Pinch of Sugar
- Pinch of Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Whirled Cream, for garnishing
- The first step would be to wash the tomatoes thoroughly. Thereafter, cut the tomatoes into quarters and slice off any hard core.
- Meanwhile, peel both onion and carrot and chop them into small sizes. Chop celery as well. Make sure it is also of the same size as the onions and carrot.
- In a heavy-based pan, put a spoonful of oil and heat it at a low flame. Once heated, put in the onions, carrot and celery. Mix them together with a wooden spoon.
- Cook the vegetables until they become soft and faintly-colored.
- When the veggies are cooked, squirt in the tomato purée. Stir the mixture around, so that it turns the vegetables red.
- Next, pour in the tomato pieces into the pan.
- Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper, some sugar and bay leaves (tear the leaves into a few pieces) and stir the mixture.
- Now, cover the pan with a lid and let the tomatoes stew over a low heat for 10 minutes, until they shrink down in the pan and their juices flow nicely
- Next, pour the stock into the pan, stirring constantly. Increase the flame to high heat and wait till the mixture starts bubbling.
- Put the lid back on the pan and cook for about 25 minutes, at low flame.
- Once this is done, remove the pan from heat and fish out the bay leaves.
- Pour the mixture in a blender, until it covers 3/4th of the jar. Blend the mixture at full speed, until the soup's smooth.
- Pour the puréed soup back into the pan and reheat it over a medium heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally, until you can see bubbles breaking gently on the surface.
- You can add a pinch of salt, if required. Some cream can also be whirled for a delightful look.
- The delectable tomato soup is ready to satiate your appetite!