Tomato sauce is an indispensable ingredient for a whole range of dishes. It adds a unique flavor to a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes, which is precisely the reason why it is extensively used for cooking across the world. Making tomato sauce is pretty easy and the preparations are also less time-consuming. Moreover, you can store the tomato sauce for several days. This article brings you some easy recipes to prepare delicious tomato sauce, listing the ingredients as well as the cooking method. Go through them and know how to make tomato sauce.
Tomato Sauce Recipes
- 2 kg Tomatoes
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 4 Garlic Flakes
- 2 tsp Ginger
- Salt to taste
- Begin by peeling the tomatoes and cutting them into pieces.
- Chop the garlic and ginger.
- Add ginger and garlic to the tomatoes.
- Cook the mixture till the time it becomes smooth.
- Add salt, sugar and red chili powder to this mixture.
- Now, cook it for 5 more minutes and your tomato sauce is ready.
Recipe 2 (for chops or fish)
- ½ can Tomatoes
- 1 cup Water
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Allspice Berries
- 2 Peppercorns
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 2 sprigs Parsley
- 1 tbsp Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Take a granite saucepan and put tomato, water, spices, herbs, and parsley in the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Simultaneously, fry the onions in the butter, till they become yellow and then add, cornstarch to the fried onions.
- Stir the onions into the tomato mixture and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Now, add salt and pepper and a small amount of cayenne pepper as well. The sauce is ready to be strained over boiled meat or fish.
- 25 Roma Tomatoes (number of tomatoes will vary with the variety used)
- 2 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- ½ Yellow Onion (medium-sized)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Coarse Salt, to taste
- Fresh Pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 375 degree F.
- Wash the tomatoes and using a sharp knife, remove the core.
- Slice the tomatoes into half and place them, cut side down, on a baking sheet or disposable aluminum sheet.
- Tuck peeled garlic cloves inside the tomatoes.
- Slice the onion into pieces and scatter them among the tomatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes and then, sprinkle salt and pepper over them.
- Roast the tomatoes in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or till they become brown in color.
- Put the roasted tomatoes in a blender, in batches and blend to allow the sauce to reach the desired consistency.
- Put the sauce in a container and store it in the freezer.