Shower gel is considered a better option than a bar soap. Not only is it a mild cleanser, but is also a highly refreshing and rejuvenating product. Today, when beauty and bath products’ prices are touching the sky, it will be a wonderful option if you can make some of them at home only. Homemade products not only cut down the cost, but also are much more beneficial for the body. This is true even in case of shower gels. These gels can be conveniently made at home, by making use of some easily available materials. Besides, you have the options of choosing scents and contents, when you make them at home. In this article, we bring you some simple recipes to make the shower gels at home. Try them right now and have a refreshing bath!
Homemade Shower Gel Recipe
Unscented Shampoo Shower Gel
- ½ cup Unscented Shampoo
- ¼ - ¾ cup Water
- ¾ tsp Salt
- Essential Scented Oil (lavender, vanilla, strawberry, coconut and raspberry)
- In a small bowl, mix the unscented shampoo and water well.
- Blend the mixture thoroughly, after adding salt and essential oil to it.
- After mixing all the ingredients, pour the shower gel into a jar or a bottle & store it.
- The shower gel is ready to use. You can now dab it on a damp sponge and use it instead of soap.
- In case, you have a sensitive skin, go for baby shampoo to make the gel, instead of the usual unscented shampoo.
Soap-less Lemon Shower Gel
- 1 cup Water
- 4 tbsp Aloe Vera Gel
- 1 tbsp Jojoba Oil
- 2 tbsp Glycerin
- 1 tsp Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 8 to 10 drops Essential Lemon Oil
- 1 or 2 drops Yellow Food Coloring (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together, except for the yellow food coloring, in a bowl.
- Stir well, until the contents blend well with each other.
- If you want your shower gel to have some color, mix the food coloring in the end.
- Pour the entire mixture into a spray bottle. Use within 24 hours.
Apple Shower Gel
- 1 bar Unscented Glycerin Soap
- 5 drops Pear or Apple Fragrance Oil
- 3 to 4 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Glycerin
- Take the soap and grate it into fine pieces, using a sharp knife.
- In a saucepan, mix the soap gratings, water and apple juice.
- Place the saucepan on stove and boil the ingredients over medium-heat. Remember to stir the contents occasionally.
- Now, lower the flame and simmer. Continue till all of the soap content dissolves.
- Turn down the flame and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Once it cools down, add glycerin and essential oil into it. Mix the contents well and allow it to settle down.
- Store the mixture in glass jars with lids. Whenever required, transfer some into a spray bottle and use.
- In case, the gel has become too thick, you will need to liquefy the contents by placing the bottle in hot water.