Perfume is one of the most essential makeup accessories these days. At the same time, it is pretty expensive, with the prices of all the good perfume brands touching the sky. In such a case, how can you buy a number of perfumes for yourself, each suiting a different time of the day as well as the year? Simple, make your own perfume at home. Ok, you are thinking I’m joking, right? No, I’m not. Homemade perfume is not only a possibility, but also the perfect alternative to have your perfume just the way you like it. Now, you don’t need to compromise on anything, be it the type of the fragrance or the potency of the fragrance. Given below is the complete procedure for making perfumes at home.
How to Make Perfume
- 4 tbsp Ethyl alcohol
- 2 cups Distilled water
- 10 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 Glass Bottle
- Purchase all the ingredients required for making the perfume. Make sure that the bottle you buy for storing the perfume is a glass one, with an airtight cap.
- Fill your bottle with the distilled water.
- Add ethyl alcohol, bergamot essential oil and lavender essential oil to the water, in any order.
- Shake the bottle with gentle hands, till all the contents in it get mixed completely.
- Store the bottle in a cool, dry place for 48 hours. Throughout the time, make sure that direct sunlight does not fall on it.
- After two days, gently shake the bottle once again.
- Test your new perfume, with the help of a dab test.
Tips for Making Your Own Perfume
- The longer a homemade perfume sits, the stronger will be its fragrance. Some people let the perfume sit for as many as six days.
- You can put rose petals or other flowers to the essential oils, to add different scents to your perfume.