Come winter time and the weather starts becoming dry, leading to not only dry skin, but also dry and chapped lips. Being a female, you must be aware that lipstick enhances the beauty of a female, but not when it is applied on dry lips. What to do now? The best way to make your lips soft and luscious once again is the application of a moisturizing lip balm. If the balm is a homemade one, all the more better! I know, you must be wondering, how to go about making your own lip balm, at the comfort of home. To help you with the task, we have provided the perfect recipe for homemade lip balm, in the following lines. Try it and find your lips as soft, supple and kissable as ever.
How to Make Lip Balm
- Coconut Oil
- Vitamin E Capsule
- Essential Oil
- Microwave-safe Container
- Put 1 tsp shredded beeswax, 2 tsp coconut oil and ½ tsp lanolin in a microwave safe container.
- Break the vitamin E capsule and pour the liquid, present inside it, into the container.
- Now, keep the container inside the microwave and heat it well, in order to melt all the ingredients.
- Add 2 drops of essential oil, be it peppermint oil, tea tree oil, orange oil, grapefruit oil or lemon oil, to the balm mixture.
- Next, add 1 tsp honey. Stir the mixture well, with the help of stirrers, until it gets cool.
- Pour the mixture into a container and let it set. Your lip balm is ready to be used!
- You can use petroleum jelly in place of the coconut oil.
- Add any powdered drink mix to the lip balm mixture, according to your taste, to get that fruity taste.
- You can buy candy flavorings from any of the candy stores and add it to the lip balm, for making it all the more usable.
- In the recipe, you can replace coconut oil with almond oil, to make almond-oil lip balm.
- For cocoa mint lip balm, add cocoa butter and peppermint oil to the recipe.
Simple Homemade Lip Balms
- A simple 3-ingredient lip balm can be prepared by melting petroleum jelly with beeswax, on low heat. Add essential oil when the mixture is done and removed from the stove.
- Prepare cranberry lip balm by microwaving sweet almond oil, cranberries and honey, until the mixture starts melting. Now, crush the cranberries and strain the liquid through a sieve. Pour into containers and let it set.
- It is best to use a funnel to pour homemade lip balm into jars, for better accuracy and to avoid splashing.
- Use cotton swabs, instead of your fingers, to apply the lip balm, as your fingers can contaminate the balm.
- You can also store the lip balm in old and empty gloss tubes, for easy application.