Have you ever tried preparing the delicious leek and potato soup at home? If no, then this weekend, surprise your family with the luscious soup. It is one of the simplest recipes to lay your hands on and soup not only tastes great, but also has high nutrition content. The soup tastes great and delicious when served with crusty bread. This article provides different recipes of leek and potato soup for you to try out and enjoy at the supper. These recipes, undoubtedly, make a filling yet economical supper.
Leek And Potato Soup Recipes
- 3 large Leeks (cut lengthwise)
- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Water
- 2 lbs Potatoes (peeled and diced into ½ inch pieces)
- ¼ cup Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme (chopped)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Pepper (to taste)
- Tabasco Sauce (to taste)
- Marjoram (dashed)
- Take a sauce pan and cook leeks in butter for 10 minutes, after covering the pan. Make sure not to turn the leeks brown, as this will give them a burnt taste.
- Now, add chicken broth, potatoes and water to the cooked leeks and cook for 20 min, in simmer. Scoop half of the soup mixture to a blender, blend it well. Make a puree and add it back to the pan.
- Add marjoram, parsley and thyme to the soup. Add a little bit of tabasco sauce for taste, some freshly grounded pepper and 1 tsp salt to make the soup tastier.
- Serve hot.
Leek, Onion And Potato Soup
- 4 large Leeks
- 175 g frozen Potato (mashed)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 850 ml stock Marigold Swiss Vegetable Powder
- 25 g Butter
- I tbsp Double Cream
- 1½ tbsp fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 275 ml Milk
- Salt and Black Pepper (to taste)
- Clean and trim the leeks and discard the outer part.
- Split the leeks lengthwise and chop them finely. Then wash them properly. Drain out the water.
- Take a sauce pan and melt the butter into it. Add the leeks, onions and potatoes into the butter and mix them well.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and then let them cook for 15 minutes. Make sure to keep the pan covered.
- Bring the gas to simmering point and then add milk and stock and let the soup simmer for another 20 minutes or till the vegetables get soft. Let it cool.
- Shift the entire soup into a blender and blend well to make a puree.
- Return it to the saucepan and heat it again gently.
- Add a swirl of double cream before serving and sprinkle chopped parsley.
Cream Of Potato - Leek Soup
- 4 medium Leeks
- 1 quart Chicken Stock
- 1 quart Whole Milk
- 81 g Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 2 medium Carrots (diced)
- 2 tbsp Parsley Flakes (dried)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Butter Flour
- 1 quart Half & Half
- Take a soup kettle and saute together potatoes and leeks in butter, till the leeks get tender.
- Add butter flour to the mixture until the consistency gets thick. Now, add chicken stock and carrots.
- Simmer until vegetables get tender. Add half and half, milk, salt, pepper and parsley flakes.
- Heat it on low flame 20 minutes before serving.