Considered as one of the versatile hair products, hair mousse can be used on both wet and dry hair. Mousse adds volume, shine and smoothness to one’s hair. It adds thickness to both long as well as short hair. It gives an instantaneous and long lasting hair style and is convenient to use and carry. Chemical hair mousses include preservatives and chemicals that may harm your hair. Homemade hair mousse is all natural, easy to make and prevents your hair from harmful effects of chemicals. Read through the following lines to know the different methods for preparing homemade hair mousses.
Homemade Hair Mousse Recipes
Egg White Mousse
- Crack open two eggs and separate the whites and yolks.
- Take the two egg whites in a bowl and whisk them to form stiff peaks.
- Rub the mixture in your hair and let it dry.
- Style your hair us usual.
- Store any leftover mousse in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use the mousse within 2 to 3 days.
- Place a saucepan on fire and pour 1 cup of water.
- Add ¼ teaspoon of gelatin in water and stir.
- Boil the mixture.
- Remove and leave the mixture aside to cool at room temperature.
- You can add a few drops of essential oil if you desire to do so.
- Rub the mousse in wet or dry hair and blow-dry your hair.
Flax Seed Mousse
- Add one cup of water in a saucepan and place on heat.
- Add two tablespoon of flax seeds in the water and boil the mixture.
- When boiled, remove and cool for half an hour.
- Add one or two drops of lavender oil in the mixture and transfer it in a wide mouth jar.
Bulgarian Rose Hair Mousse
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil in a bowl and stir well.
- Add one tablespoon of jojoba oil and stir well to make the mixture even and well mixed.
- Finally, add 1/16 teaspoon of Bulgarian rose concrete and stir together to form a thick, oily rich mixture.
- Dilute two tablespoons of milk with 3 to 4 tablespoons of water.
- Apply this to your hair and comb your hair thoroughly.
- Let your hair dry naturally before styling it.
- Do not apply extra mousse to hold your hairstyle instead use it firmly.
- Apply hair mousse on wet hair (not soaking wet) to get the perfect hairstyle.