Your car can often smell musty or simply stinky and car fresheners bought from stores can make them smell you car even worse, with pungent smell of the vehicle mixing with the artificial aroma of the freshener. Most of the car air fresheners, which are usually available in the market, be it expensive or inexpensive, are not satisfactory. Even if they smell good initially, they are not lasting. These products dry out fast, both in summer and winter seasons. So, it is not advisable to put money on these fresheners. This is where homemade car fresheners come handy. A bit of creativity would help you to make homemade car fresheners that would work better than the varieties available in stores and last much longer as well. It is very much possible to make car fresheners at home, with a limited material and without wasting much time. Want to know more about this? Read on and explore how to make homemade car fresheners.
Making Car Air Freshener At Home
- Clear Thread
- Sheets of Craft Felt
- Fabric Glue
- A Sturdy Hole Punch
- Any Oil (having the scent of your preference)
- Embellishment, like flat buttons, clear drying glue, glitter, craft eyes, beads, sequins, etc. (optional)
- Use your scissors to carve out two shapes from the sheet that are exactly the same. The shape could be anything you, like such as rainbows, flowers, heart, human face, geometric shape etc.
- When you are done with the cutting task, make equal holes in both pieces of the felt. The holes would be used for hanging it in the car.
- Put many a drops of the scented oil in the center of both the pieces of felt.
- Now, use glue to stick the edges of the carved out shapes. Leave it for some to allow the glue to dry. Push a clear cord in the punch holes.
- You could decorate your freshener with glitter, craft eyes, beads etc, if you want so. Your homemade car air freshener is ready. You have just to open the doors of your car and put it there.
- 2 cups Distilled Water
- 4 packets Unflavored Gelatin
- 10 drops of any Essential Oil
- Put one cup of distilled water in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Stir in all the packets of gelatin, in the boiling water and continue to boil until the gelatin dissolves.
- Now, remove the mixture from heat. Stir in another cup of distilled water in the water and mix the solution well.
- Next, add 10 drops of your favorite essential oil and stir again.
- Pour this mixture into small jars, canisters, or other decorative containers, which come with an open top.
- The gelatin will set in the containers and they will be ready to be placed into your car.
Use of homemade fresheners is not limited to the cars. You can use them in your bathroom or kitchen as well. No need to buy fresheners now for your car or home rooms.