How To Make Garlands
Garland is one of the items that can add to the appearance of a woman. If it is made of fresh flowers, all the more better! The fragrance of the flowers, combined with their natural beauty, can definitely magnify the beauty of the woman who wears a flower garland. Apart from that wearing them in the neck, you can also use garlands, the small ones, for making a tiara. The procedure is the same, only the size differs a little. This article is for all those who want to make a flower garland at home. Read on further and get tips on making floral garlands.
How to Make Flower Garlands
- Flowers (like carnations)
- Go to the market and buy around four dozen carnations, of the color of your choice, from the florist.
- After getting the carnations from the market, bring them home and cut off their heads, from the base of the stem.
- Decide on the length of the garland.
- Now, take the thread and measure it to twice the length you want for your garland. Keep ten inches extra, for knotting the thread.
- Put one end of the thread in the needle hole and bring it down, to meet the other end.
- Tie both the ends of the thread together.
- Take one of the carnations and insert the needle through its stem, taking it up through the middle of its head.
- Repeat this procedure with half of the flowers i.e. 2 dozen.
- Take the next flower and turn it the other way. For the purpose insert the needle in the center of the flower head and take it out from the stem.
- Repeat this procedure with the other half of the flowers i.e. 2 dozen.
- Compress the flowers together.
- Take both the ends of the thread, left loose, and tie them together, forming a circle.
- Your flower garland is ready!
How to Cite