A bright way to kick-start your day is to have French toasts in the breakfast. Known as 'eggy bread', the mouthwatering French toasts are one of the popular choices for the breakfast food in North America, Europe and Brazil. Bread, egg and milk are the main ingredients of this recipe. A number of variations can be brought about to the garnish used in making French toast. Powdered sugar, cinnamon and butter are commonly used as the topping. You may serve the toasts with syrup as well. Check out the easy recipes given in this article and learn how to make tasty French toasts.
Easy French Toast Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk
- 4 slices White Bread
- 2 tsp Butter
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar
- Pour milk in a shallow bowl. Add eggs to the bowl and beat the mixture well, using a fork.
- Melt butter on a frying pan, placed over medium flame.
- Cut the bread slices into the shape of triangles.
- Dip the slices of bread into the bowl, containing the egg mixture. Make sure that both the sides of the bread slices are soaked.
- Place the slices of bread in the pan, one by one.
- Wait until one side of the slice turns golden brown. Now, flip the slice so that the other side is cooked up.
- Remove the cooked slices from the flame and transfer them onto a plate.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and cinnamon on the warm bread slices.
- Your French toast is ready! Serve the toasts with butter.
Orange Pecan French Toast
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Butter (melted)
- 2 tbsp Light Corn Syrup
- 1/3 cup pecans (chopped)
- 12 (3/4 inch thick) slices French bread
- 1 tsp Orange Zest (grated)
- 1 cup Fresh Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp White Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Confectioners' Sugar (for dusting)
- Combine brown sugar, melted butter, and corn syrup in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread it evenly on the dish.
- Sprinkle pecans over the mixture. Place the bread slices at the bottom of the dish, to form a single layer.
- Mix orange zest, orange juice, milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, egg whites, and eggs in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour the above mixture over the bread slices, pressing them to help them absorb the liquid. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least an hour.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F. Uncover the baking dish. Leave it on room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Now, put the baking dish in the oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until the bread becomes golden brown in color.
- Before serving, dust the French toasts with confectioners' sugar.