Have you ever thought of making your own face cream? Do you realize that our skin is a very delicate organ and requires attention and proper care? Over exposure to sun, dust, dehydration and poor skin care products make our skin lose its luster and shine. There are numerous beauty products in the market today that claim to rejuvenate your skin but most of them fail to have any effect. Beauty products have different effects on different types of skin. Almost everything reacts with sensitive skin type. Everything that you put on your skin goes directly into your blood stream. Most of the moisturizers and cream are made up of industrial ingredients and petrochemicals. These chemicals have the capacity to dry out our skin and sometimes causing skin diseases as well. The chemicals used in producing the fragrance in these creams and moisturizers are even worse. It is a known fact now that some of the chemicals in cosmetics and facial creams are responsible for causing cancers. No matter how much these creams advertise that you can get a soft and supple skin from using them, they leave your skin feeling flaky and stretchy. People with a very dry skin know this for a fact that even the ultra moisturizing ones does not really help and lose its effect in no time. By making your own home-made facial cream you do not only end up saving a lot of money but also the products used in a home-made cream are fresh, natural and can very well be naturally molded according to your particular skin type. Once you start using your own home-made cream you will know how over-hyped these beauty products are in the market. Read on to know how to make face cream at home.
Ingredients for making Face Cream
- 1 cup Grape Seed Oil
- ¼ cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Lanolin
- ½ oz. grated Beeswax
- 2/3 cup Distilled Water
- ½ cup. Aloe Vera Gel or Juice
- Vitamin E at least 10,000 IU
- Vitamin A at least 150,000 IU
- 2 drops Essential Oil of your choice
- Clean Cream or Lotion Jars
- Before you begin making your face cream, ensure that all the ingredients are at room temperature. You do not need to refrigerate any of it. Just make sure they are stored in a cool and dry place and that no amount of moisture finds its way into it.
- The first step is to mix the grape seed oil, coconut oil, lanolin and beeswax and put them in the top pan of the double boiler. Apply low heat to the boiler and heat the mixture until the mixture has melted. Make sure that you buy these products from a good quality store, preferably organic. This is because if you do not buy the qualitative stuff then the product you ultimately want to achieve will be of low quality.
- Once melted, take it out from the pan and pour it in a glass measuring cup. Allow it to cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Now, put the distilled water, aloe vera, Vitamin E, Vitamin A and essential oil in a mixer. Make sure that you blend them at the highest speed. While you blend them, drip the above made oil mixture into the mixer.
- The lotion would start getting thicker and the mixer would turn round slower in speed. Turn off the mixer when you reach this stage. The face cream is ready.
- Pour the cream in fresh cream or lotion jar and store them in a cool place. If you do not intend to use the cream for a few weeks, you can as well put the jar in the refrigerator. You can store it in the refrigerator for at least 4 months. Make sure that you store this cream in a plastic or glass jar with a lid on it. The jar should be clean and dry, there should not be any trace for any moisture in it otherwise it will spoil the product by infesting bacterial growth in it and also it might change the basic constitution of the cream.
- Cleanliness in storing the cream is a very important aspect. Also, you should be mindful of cleanliness while preparing the product. Therefore, before starting the preparation process make sure that all the utensils used in the preparation of the cream are thoroughly clean. Everything should be bacteria-free. This is why it is recommended to use distilled water instead of the tap water.
- Use this cream regularly to know its benefit on your skin. Since there are natural ingredients in it, it might take some time for the cream to show its results.
- You can use any essential oil for your cream. It is basically the essential oil that fills up your cream with fragrance. You can either use lavender essential oil or rosemary or sandalwood or jasmine or chamomile or carrot seed, etc.