Not only kids, but adults around the world also eagerly wait for the holiday of Halloween. On this day, they get a right to be naughty and, what can be better; no one takes any offense as well. Halloween also means another thing - costume parties. And when you are invited to such a party, you start wondering about the costume that will be perfect, especially if you are a couple. This is where we step in. In the following lines, we have listed tips on how to make couples Halloween costumes, just for you.
Making Halloween Costumes For A Couple
Choosing the Theme
- One of the best options for making couples' Halloween costumes would be to pick well-known couples for the same. In this context, you can go for real-life couples, like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie or Tom Cruise and Kate Moss, or reel-life couples, like Bonnie and Clyde, Frankenstein and his bride, Tarzan and Jane, and so on.
- A variation of the well-known couples will comprise of the man dressed like a woman and the woman playing the part of a man. For instance, if you are a man, you can go dressed like Wilma Flintstone and your wife will dress up to play the part of Fred Flintstone. There is yet another variation of the theme - dressing up as well-known gay or lesbian couples.
- In context of Halloween costumes, you can check out the current trends and dress accordingly. For instance, in the past, Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky made a popular couple for Halloween purposes. At present, Nicolas Sarcozy and his wife Carla Bruni is the flavor of the season and are sure to be seen in many Halloween parties.
- Yet another option would be to go for things that come in a pair. For instance, you can go for mustard and ketchup, salt and pepper, beer and lime, nut and bolt, plug and socket, hot dog and bun, etc. Such a costume is interesting and will surely make some heads turn at the Halloween party you would be attending.
After The Selection
- After you have decided how to dress up on Halloween, the next step will comprise of making a list of the elements that you need to make the costumes. You need to choose the right fabric for making the dresses, then decide about the accessories, select the right pair of shoes and go for the perfect makeup.
- Now, shop around for the items that you require for making the Halloween costumes. For the purpose, you can visit secondhand and thrift stores, rummage sales and military surplus and uniform shops. Apart from reasonable prices, you will get a good variety therein.
- Next, you need to prepare the costumes. You can either get them stitched from someone else or do the work at home. Make sure to stick to the original characters as far as possible. However, you are allowed to play with your imagination a little.
- The last point that you need to keep in mind, while making the costume, will be comfort and safety. Make sure that the clothes as well as accessories are comfortable enough to be worn for a few hours at a stretch. At the same time, you should be able to see well and maneuver perfectly, while wearing the costume.