Anything DIY is always a pleasing experience especially a handicraft. When the big bags are in such vogue, searching loose coins from them is like searching needle from a haystack. In addition, the jingling of the coin every time you open the bag is not a very good thing. Although you cannot throw away your “It” bag, you can make a coin purse to keep your loose change intact and at one place. Making a coin purse will also keep your creative side active. A small coin purse looks cute and you can add so many things to it to make it look beautiful. Taking it out in front of your friends will also gain you a lot of praises. It will not only look gorgeous but also will keep your change organized and at one place. Explore the following pointers to know how to make coin purse.
Steps For Making Coin Purse
- 2 material squares in any fabric, 4 by 4 inches
- 2 lining squares, 4 by 4 inches
- Matching thread
- Sewing Machine
- Take a cloth material and a lining material you want to make the coin purse. You can take any type of fabric like satin, cotton etc and any color as you wish.
- Make a square design on the cloth. It should be a little bigger than the size you want to make the coin purse. You can take a measure of four inches long by four inches wide. Cut two-two similar pieces of the purse material and the lining material with the scissor.
- Now stitch together the right side of the coin purse material with the right side of the lining material. Use a half inch of seam and stitch the three sides of a block together.
- By using a pen or hand turn inside out the square cloth and straighten the corners. Now tuck the coin purse material and the lining material half-inch together and make the top edge.
- Now use a matching thread stitch and make a top stitch from the edge of the turned material to hold the outside the seam.
- Now secure the coin purse by stitching all the side except the top of it. Make sure that it doesn’t look haphazard.
- This way you would find the shape roughly the shape of a coin purse. Now place both the squares of the purse material and the lining material and join the two top stitching the edges together. The lining should face the lining material.
- Now add the buttons to the coin purse and fasten it by stitching. Your coin purse is ready to keep your loose change.