Noodles form the staple diet of the people in China. One of the essential ingredients of Chinese cuisine, they are available in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. In fact, Chinese noodles vary according to their region of production, ingredients, shape or width, and even the manner of preparation. Apart from the Chinese mainland, Taiwan, Singapore, and other Southeast Asian nations, with sizable overseas Chinese populations, also have Chinese noodles as important part of their cuisine. In this article, we will tell you how to make Chinese noodles, in the traditional way.
Recipe For Making Chinese Noodles
- ½ lb Chinese noodles
- 5 Shrimps
- ¼ lb Beef
- ¼ lb Chicken Breast
- 1/8 lb Bean Sprouts
- 1/8 lb Cabbage
- 1-2 Onions, sliced
- Chicken Stock
- Soy Sauce
- Corn Oil
- Cooking Pot
- Take a cooking pot and fill it with water. Place it on the flame and let it come to a boil.
- Once the water starts boiling, add noodles to it. Let the noodles cook until their white center just disappears.
- Drain water from the noodles and add a very small amount of oil, say ¼ tsp. Mix well and set them aside for later use.
- Cut the chicken breast into small cubes and beef into small, thin slices. Place shrimp, chicken cubes and beef slices in a bowl, add a little bit of starch and mix well with hands.
- Take a clean wok and add a small amount of corn oil to it. Turn on the heat and let its temperature reach around 170oF. Put the shrimp-mixture in it and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside for later use.
- Now, put sliced onions in the wok and cook them for 1 minute. Add cabbage to it and cook for another minute. Finally, add the cooked noodles to the wok.
- Mix in salt, soy sauce and chicken stock and stir well. Add shrimp-mixture to the noodles and cook for 1 minute.
- Finally, add bean sprouts to the wok and cook for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat, place the noodles in a plate and serve hot.