Chicken salad is liked extensively all over the world. Different cooks have their own recipes of making the salad, though the basic ingredients remain the same. Basically, chicken salad is prepared with a combination of chicken and dressing, along with vegetables, fruits and nuts, depending on the preference of the eaters. It can even be served in a variety of ways, such as sandwich filling or on a bed of lettuce leaves. This article brings you some easy recipes for preparing the salad in a number of ways. Go through them and know how to make delicious chicken salad.
Chicken Salad Recipes
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cup Chicken (cooked and shredded)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper Powder
- A pinch of Mustard Powder
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Cream
- 1 Egg Yolk (beaten)
- 1 bunch Lettuce Leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Place the beaten egg yolk in a bowl, along with mustard powder, pepper powder and salt and prepare a mayonnaise dressing.
- Add oil into the egg yolk mixture, drop by drop and mix it with a wooden spoon, until all the oil has been used and the sauce gains a consistency of toothpaste.
- Now, the next step is to mix this sauce with the tomato, cream and cooked chicken.
- Spread the lettuce leaves in a glass bowl and pour the chicken salad over them. Toss well and serve.
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cups Chicken Meat (cooked and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Almonds (blanched and slivered)
- 1 stalk Celery (chopped)
- Mix Mayonnaise, lemon juice and pepper in a big bowl and set it aside.
- Put the almonds in a frying pan and toast them over medium heat, while shaking them frequently.
- Add almonds, chicken and celery to the bowl containing mayonnaise and mix them well.
- You chicken salad is ready to be served.
Recipe 3 (with apples and cranberries)
- 3 cups Chicken (diced & cooked)
- ¼ cup Cranberries (dried)
- ½ cup Celery (diced)
- 2 to 3 tbsp Red Onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Apple (diced)
- ¼ cup Walnuts or Pecans (chopped) - Optional
- 4 to 6 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Curry powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- Lettuce Leaves
- Mix chicken, cranberries, celery, and onion, and if you are using almonds, put them along with the rest mentioned ingredients.
- Mix mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Now, add chicken to the mixture. At this point, you can add more mayonnaise according to your taste, if you want.
- You can serve the chicken salad on plates lined with lettuce, or make lettuce rolls and put the filling in-between.