Avocado is a green colored pear-shaped fruit, also known as alligator pear, midshipman's butter, vegetable butter, or sometimes even butter pear. The fruit can be used for making a number of scrumptious dishes, of which the most liked ones include avacado salad, avacado soup, avacado mousse, avocado pie and avocado dip. Talking about avacado dip, it is a light scrumptious dish, often used as a side dish with meals. It is made in several styles, most commonly with cream and tomatoes. Given here are three easy ways of making an avocado dip. The first one is a simple plain dip, the second one comprises of sour cream and chopped tomatoes and the third one boats of asparagus as an added ingredient.
Avocado Dip Recipes
Plain Avocado Dip
- 1 ripe Avocado
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Chopped Tomato
- ½ tsp Chopped Green Chili
- Salt to taste
- Peel the ripe avocado with a cling film, to avoid discoloration. Keep it aside, in a plate.
- Take a bowl and mash the peeled avocado in it.
- Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice to the mashed avocado.
- Beat the mixture with a spoon, to homogenously spread the lemon juice.
- Add chopped chilies and tomato. Add salt to taste and mix well.
Avocado Dip with Sour Cream and Chopped Tomatoes
- Two large Ripe Avocados
- 16 ounces Sour Cream
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 3 Green Onions
- 1½ tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- Few drops of Tabasco Sauce (or other hot sauce)
- Take the ripe avocados and peel them.
- Remove the pits of the avocado.
- Now, cut the avocados into pieces.
- Place the chopped avocado in a food processor, along with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, green onion, lime juice, and hot sauce.
- Cover the processor and blend, until the mixture becomes very smooth.
- Pour it a bowl and keep aside for a minute or two.
- Serve this avocado dip with crackers, crispy bread, or vegetables dippers.
Asparagus and Avocado Dip
- 3 stalks Asparagus
- 1 small Ripe Avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 to 3 Olives, chopped finely
- 1 Spring Onion, with greens (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies
- 1 Garlic Flake
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Peanut Butter
- ½ tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Fresh Cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Boil or microwave the asparagus, to remove its rawness.
- Now, scoop out the pulp of small ripe avocado and transfer it to an electric mixer.
- Add two stalks of the boiled asparagus to the mixer along with the avocado.
- Now, blend the mixture in the mixer, with chili, garlic, seeds, butter, sugar, salt and the creams.
- Blend the entire mixture, to form a smooth paste. Pour it into a large mixing bowl.
- Now add olives, spring onion and pepper. Mix well
- Chop the remaining asparagus stalk finely and add it to the mixture.
- Now, transfer this asparagus and avocado mixture to the bowl.
- Drizzle the mixture with soya sauce. Stir it well.
- Add the pepper and salt, according to your taste. Mix well.
- Serve the dip with nachos, potato wedges, crackers or vegetable stalks.