Origami is an ancient art of making craft using paper. Though it may seem exciting and intriguing to watch an amorphous piece of paper transform into a meaningful object, the process is sometimes equally complex. It requires great precision and understanding to pursue this meticulous form of art. Therefore, a beginner should always start from simple objects such as a paper envelope. To tell you how to make an origami envelope, given below are some easy tips.
Tips To Make An Origami Envelope
- Take a sheet of paper measuring 8.5 x 11 cm. Place it horizontally in front of you.
- Take the long edge lying downwards and make it meet with the upper one. At the fold, press down with finger to create crease. Now, open the fold to spread the paper like before.
- Now, fold the bottom edge horizontally, so it meets the originally center crease. Press down with fingers to create a crease and open it back up.
- Towards the bottom quarter of the page, bring each corner up to the bottom crease in the paper. Press down with fingers and leave it folded. This will result in two triangle folds of equal lengths.
- Take bottom edge with corners folded in and fold once again to meet the original center crease.
- Turn the paper over and lay it as it is on the table.
- Fold the paper in half, width ways, pushing down on new bottom edge with fingers to create a crease. Open it back up and let the paper remain turned over.
- Fold each of the two edges in, to meet the crease you created in the above step. Press down with fingers to create a tight fold and leave it as it is.
- Place the paper in front of you such that the two triangular flaps lie at the bottom.
- Take the top edge and fold it to meet the bottom one. Press it with a finger to make it crisp.
- Open it up slightly and push corners of top edge into triangular flaps of bottom edge. Fold in two to create pockets both front and back or leave as is for one larger pocket.