Wedding is the most important day of your life. You may want to invite the whole world to your marriage to see your perfect wedding. However, when it comes to chalking out the guest list, it depend on so many factors. Whether you want to fulfill your childhood fantasy of inviting everyone you know from day one, or you want an intimate wedding with only few friends, there are so many things to take care of when you are making your wedding guests list. A perfect wedding may seem like a simple affair, actually, a lot goes behind making it a success, and a perfect wedding guest list is one among such things. Making a proper guest list will help you prioritize, help in budgeting, and make your wedding stress and anxiety free. Explore the following pointers to know how to make a wedding guest list.
How To Create A Wedding Guest List
- As a child, you must have wanted to invite the whole city to your wedding. However, when it comes to reality, you possibly cannot invite everyone. So the first thing, which you have to determine, is about how big your wedding will be. Talk to your partner and then decide on something mutual. Depending on whether you want a lavish wedding or a small intimate wedding, you would be able to decide on the number of people you need to invite.
- Knowing your budget will help you decide on how many wedding guests you can easily afford. Depending on your budget make out the list of the wedding guests. If your budget does allow many people, then you may have to restrict the guests list to only few intimate people.
- Location also matters a lot when you are inviting people. For example if you’re getting married in a small chapel, inviting so many people would only cramp the place and make it look ugly. While at the same time, inviting very few people at your wedding at the Plaza may make the wedding look plain.
- Make the list of absolutely essential guests. It includes your best friends, both your families, and all those people who holds a special place in your heart.
- You also need to chalk out the not to be invited list of people who should not in any case be invited. It may include both your exes etc. you wouldn’t want to get uncomfortable on the most important day of your life.
- Let your parents invite some of their friends especially if they are contributing financially for your marriage.
- Sometimes we tend to invite people even if we are not in good terms. Cut all those people you wouldn’t want to see walking down the aisle.
- If you are getting married at an exotic location somewhere outside where you live, invite very few guests and invite all those close to you.
- Mention in the wedding invites whether children are allowed to attend or not. Sometimes people don’t invite co-workers too. If you don’t fancy seeing your workmates at your marriage hall, don’t invite them.
- Clearly, mention in the wedding invites how many people are invited for the ceremony and the buffet and how many people are invited just for the dinner after the ceremony. This will not confuse your guests also.
- Cut out the people who are the heavy drinkers. You wouldn’t want any drama in your marriage. Don’t invite anti-social people as they may ruin the mood of the party.
- You can also categorize your guests list into two groups, one who are the A-listers that the absolutely important guests and B-listers who you may invite if the space permits. First, send the invites to the A-listers and wait for the confirmation. If you have some room left, you could invite some of the B-listers too.
- Allow yourself ample time to compile the list. Don’t rush yourself as then you may forget some of the very important guests and may feel guilty of not inviting them.
- It is always better to not allow your single guests to bring their guests or date. It just helps you invite more people and who knows some of your single friends may hitch up with each other.