When it comes to Valentine's Day gifts, nothing can beat the charm of a gift basket. It works for almost every person, be it your parents, siblings, partner or friends. All you need to make sure is that the gifts that you choose to make the basket gel well with their taste. The best part of gift baskets is that they are not very expensive to make and can be tailor-made to fit your budget as well. While making a gift basket, keep the basic theme in mind - romantic, sweet, thoughtful or practical. In the following lines, we have provided some more ideas on to how to make a Valentine's Daygift basket.
Homemade Valentine's Day Gift Basket
- The first thing that you need to do, before even starting the procedure, would be to buy a basket. The size of the basket will depend on the type as well as the quantity of goods that you want to put in it.
- Next, you need to decide whether you want to make an assorted basket or pertain to a single theme. For example, you can either have a chocolate basket only (single theme) or have an assortment of chocolates, candies and syrups in the baskets.
- One of the most popular Valentine's Daygift baskets is a chocolate gift basket. For this, make sure that you are aware of the flavors that the recipient prefers having. Assorted chocolates and liqueur chocolates are some of the most preferred options.
- For those who are fond of reading, you can prepare a gift basket with gift certificates to the nearby book store. If you know of a book that the person has wanted to read for long, adding it to the basket would be a great idea. Apart from that, bookmarks, table lamp and book night light can also be included in the basket.
- The techno-lovers are the most easiest to buy for, when it comes to making a Valentine's Daygift basket. The thing that would go into such a basket would include the latest laptop, USB flash drives, wireless mouse, latest cell phone, digital camera, camcorder, palmtop, and the like. Your gift basket is ready!!
- With looks becoming the most important aspect of an individual's personality, it is no wonder that accessories have become increasingly popular today. A gift basket packed with the latest style accessories, like belts, sunglasses, cufflinks, fashion jewelry, scarves, caps and mufflers, would be the best bet.
- If the recipient of the gift basket loves music, then the basket would start with the latest iPod or MP4 Player, if possible preloaded with his/her favorite tracks. Along with that, you can add DVD and CD discs, gift cards for online music stores and even the ticket for his/her favorite singer/band's concert.