Tan ‘mania’ has captured the imagination and fascination of women and men all over the globe. Right from celebs like Victoria Beckham, Pamela Anderson and Josie Bissett to the ordinary man, there is a soaring urge among the masses to get the sultry and sensuous golden brown tan that holds a lineage with the ancient Greek society. The trend got a new face in the modern world in the 1920s, when the famous French designer and fashion face of the 20th
century, Coco Channel influenced the world with this new look. Under her modernist philosophy, she gave the fashion world a new dimension, by reintroducing tanning as a style statement among the masses. From then on, the fashion gradually attained momentum and is now regarded as a symbol of youth and social status.
There are different ways, both natural and artificial, which you can resort to, for acquiring a dewy and radiant tan. The natural way basically involves the exposure of the skin to the ultraviolet radiations of the sun. The penetration of the UVA rays of the sun in the lower layers of the epidermis triggers the melanocytes to a brown pigment called melanin, which in turn causes tanning. Apart from this, many manmade products are available commercially that will give you the glow and radiance of tanning. Often people desire to acquire a tan for a long time, but most of the products wear off fast, that tii in an uneven manner. Given below are some ways on how you can make a tan last longer and retain a uniform look.
How To Get A Long Lasting Tan
- Prior to the applying any product or following any tanning techniques, it is essential to exfoliate the skin properly. Exfoliation of the skin will make it smooth and even, which is ideal for tanning that has to last longer.
- Select a tanning lotion that is particularly suited for your skin type and tone. For oily skin, lotions, sprays and gel work well. Dry skin, on the other hand, requires heavy lotions and creams.
- The correct application of the tanning lotion is very important. Carefully read the instructions and follow the steps methodically. It is always advisable to start with a small base and work your way to cover the entire surface. In addition, it is vital that you leave the tanner on for the specified period of time.
- Spray tans last for a maximum of 4 to 5 days, while the airbrush ones last for about 10 days. Taking frequent baths will make the tan last longer, although it will not stall the process.
- While opting for natural tanning processes, it is equally important to exfoliate and moisturize the skin. This not only keeps the skin supple and soft, but also ensures a longer tanning period.
- Avoid exposure to any saunas or long hot baths, to acquire a longer lasting tan. The tan can also be made to last longer by avoiding excess physical activities that involves a lot of sweating.