Hot oil treatments are known to be very healthy and nourishing for those with dry hair or dry scalp. These treatments are prepared by combining either two or more oils or a particular oil with herbs. Expensive chemical treatments can spoil the natural luster of your hair and prove to be detrimental in the long run. Homemade hot oil treatment works to retain moisture on the scalp and also softens the hair. Such a treatment, which is more or less natural, serves as the prefect substitute to expensive chemical-based hair products, and also give excellent results. Read on to know how to make a hot oil hair treatment for your hair and scalp.
Hot Oil Treatment Recipes For Hair & Scalp
Avocado Oil & Jojoba Oil Recipe
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Jojoba Oil
- 1/4 tsp Marsh Mallow Root
- 1/4 tsp Comfrey
- Heat the avocado oil and jojoba oil in the oven, on high temperature, for 15 seconds.
- Add marshmallow root and comfrey into the warm oils and stir the mixture gently.
- Let the mixture cool for 2-3 minutes and then, strain it into a small cup.
- First test the oil to see whether it has cooled down enough for application or not. The oil has to be warm, though not too hot for the scalp and hair.
- Massage the oil gently on your scalp and hair, using your fingertips.
- After you have massaged thoroughly, wrap the hair in a plastic wrap and wait for 20 minutes. Rinse your hair with cool water.
Rosemary Hot Oil Treatment Recipe
- 1/2 cup Rosemary Leaves (dried)
- 1/2 cup Soybean Oil
- Combine rosemary leaves and soybean oil in a pan and heat them until they are warm.
- Strain the mixture through a fine strainer (cheesecloth will also do!).
- Coat the mixture on the entire head. Using your fingertips, work it to the end of your hair strands.
- Now, wrap your hair in a plastic warp, followed by a hot towel.
- Leave the oil on your hair for 15 minutes or longer, for best results.
- Shampoo your hair to remove the oil completely.
Curry Leaves Hot Oil Treatment Recipe
- Coconut Oil
- 2 strands Curry Leaves
- Combine coconut oil and curry leaves in a pan, and heat them until they become warm.
- Once the oil cools down to a normal temperature, crush the leaves and strain the mixture through a fine strainer.
- Apply it to your hair, gently massaging with the fingertips. It is believed to work very well for dry hair.
Ginger Hot Oil Treatment Recipe
- Ginger Root
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Squeeze ginger root to obtain, at least, one tablespoon of juice.
- Mix sesame oil, lemon juice and ginger juice well.
- Apply the mixture to the scalp, massaging gently with the fingertips.
- For obtaining best results, massage three times a week.